Turkey

Secularism isn't 'creeping in' .... it came crashing in when Ataturk took control. Sadly it's being eroded away by Erdogan's visions of a more Islamic country ....

Religion kids .... just say no.

Almost 100 years later and Turkey is still very much Islamic and its influencing the state still. I'd say the pace of secularism is a 'creeping' one at best. It never came 'crashing in'.

I think we're just going through a rough time at the moment. It's not like the majority of Islamic people are are Jihadists or even close .

Take a look at the article below. Describes a Muslim man "hugging" a suicide bomber to shop him moving into an area with more people and another one where a Muslim man is defending Christians on a bus against another terrorist.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3293616/na...acrificing-his-life-to-save-dozens-of-others/

I think we need to report these stories more so we don't think that everyone in the Middle East is a lunatic.

That's not true, whilst Turkey has had Islam as its main religion, the Ottoman Empire consisted of many different religions and was rules in a far more secular style than at present.
Secular law didn't come in until the very end of the empire (and even then it was notional rather than practical). What was once a 'Christian' country became predominantly Muslim during the Ottoman reign
The Ottomans did allow Christianity, but they gave Muslims greater rights in law which encouraged many to convert, and there were severe punishments for criticism of Islam (including death).

It's been predominantly Muslim for centuries. Although officially now secular, I'd say progress was 'creeping'. After 100 years, it's still 98% Muslim and it's widely held that state and religion are not as divorced as they ought to be.

Last edited:
Newt Gingritch calming the situation down by saying all Muslims should be tested and deported if they follow sharia law. FML....

I think we're just going through a rough time at the moment. It's not like the majority of Islamic people are are Jihadists or even close .

Take a look at the article below. Describes a Muslim man "hugging" a suicide bomber to shop him moving into an area with more people and another one where a Muslim man is defending Christians on a bus against another terrorist.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3293616/na...acrificing-his-life-to-save-dozens-of-others/

I think we need to report these stories more so we don't think that everyone in the Middle East is a lunatic.
I have friends from Lebonon and they are the most gentle folk ever. I really believe that most people are kind and good.

We need to find the evil fuckers though and show no mercy. In relation to all extremely murderous crimes though - not only terrorism. That's why I now believe in the death penalty, hard labour in prisons, would consider giving the security forces more power and would be for national service. All things that I'd have been against on principle before I had kids, hit my 40s, lost faith in the EU/politicians and seen the carnage over the past few years.

I just want peace and safety for kids and genuine people. Firstly at home, then in neighboring countries and then around the world.

To be frank mate i wouldn't have let it go this far in the first place. Maybe it's a good job I'm not in charge but on the other hand, blowing up the entire area years ago would mean some of those little cowardly dipshits were never born. Got no fucking time for it anymore, and it's sad to say.

Old school nonsense....

Curtis LeMay...

lemay-with-cigar.jpg

"I'll tell you what war is about, you've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough they stop fighting."

"So it doesn't bother me so much to be killing the so-called innocent bystanders."

"we're going to bomb them into the Stone Age."

" look sadly back from the future on that period when we had the atomic bomb and the Russians didn't. Or when the Russians had acquired (through connivance and treachery of Westerns with warped minds) the atomic bomb - and yet still didn't have any stockpile of the weapons. That was the era when we might have destroyed Russia completely and not even skinned our elbows doing it.

Last edited:
Ataturk did attempt to bring secularism in. Indeed it was he who decreed that Turkey should use western style script and alphabet instead of Arabic. That in itself was a massive forward looking step.

Was Curtis Lemay the General who said about what to do with Germany after WW2,"Hmm, we don't get much trouble from them Carthaginians these days do we?"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.