Turning right

Depends on the road markings and signage as you approach the roundabout.

Plus the road markings ON the roundabout.

However, that said, Car 2 must be aware of moving into the path of Car 1 as it exits the roundabout too, so just too unclear to say for certain.
Just to add, that if a dual carriageway meets a roundabout like this and the dual carriageway then continues after the roundabout, with a turn off inbetween like the diagram, I would fully expect the junction to be designed whereby cars in both lanes are generally continuing on the dual carriageway also, with a smaller percentage using the single lane turn. The signage should clarify this.

Just to add, that if a dual carriageway meets a roundabout like this and the dual carriageway then continues after the roundabout, with a turn off inbetween like the diagram, I would fully expect the junction to be designed whereby cars in both lanes are generally continuing on the dual carriageway also, with a smaller percentage using the single lane turn. The signage should clarify this.
I agree whith what you said, If the roundabout had lane lines going around it, this would me it a bit easier to judge but there is none on the picture
Op may have missed these off be error

Depends on the road markings and signage as you approach the roundabout.

Plus the road markings ON the roundabout.

However, that said, Car 2 must be aware of moving into the path of Car 1 as it exits the roundabout too, so just too unclear to say for certain.
1. Also how many lanes around roundabout?
2. Did car 1 and car 2 enter roundabout together, or staggered ?
3. Did car 2 check near side mirror when turning off roundabout (see point 1.)?
4. Did car 1 indicate right on entry to roundabout?

Car 1 wrong. 100%.

Does every car in car 2 position have to effectively do a u-turn and go back down the road you’ve just left, because that’s what would have to happen for car 1 to be right?
Correct. Also what if car 2 needed to be in the left hand lane after the right hand turn in order to turn into a side street. Car 2 would end up cutting across the left lane of the right hand lane.

It's like a clock; You enter at 6. If your continued direction is any point after "12", you position yourself in the right hand lane. TL;DR, you don't turn right from the left hand lane at a roundabout!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.