TV Fixture Changes 2019/20

Four of City's Premier League fixtures in February have been moved for TV coverage.
Our game at Tottenham will now take place on Sunday 2 February at 4.30pm.

The visit of West Ham is now scheduled to take place on Sunday 9 February. Again, that game will kick-off at 4.30pm.

After the mid-season break, our campaign will resume on Saturday 22 February when we face Leicester at the King Power Stadium. The kick-off time for that game has been moved to 5.30pm.

And the game against Arsenal at the Etihad has been moved to Sunday 1 March, with kick-off at 2pm. This remains subject to our involvement in the Carabao Cup final.

All four matches are to be broadcast on Sky.

All four picked by Sky ... guess BT Sport thought they have us on for Real Madrid game in Feb so that's enough for them :)

Four of City's Premier League fixtures in February have been moved for TV coverage.
Our game at Tottenham will now take place on Sunday 2 February at 4.30pm.

The visit of West Ham is now scheduled to take place on Sunday 9 February. Again, that game will kick-off at 4.30pm.

After the mid-season break, our campaign will resume on Saturday 22 February when we face Leicester at the King Power Stadium. The kick-off time for that game has been moved to 5.30pm.

And the game against Arsenal at the Etihad has been moved to Sunday 1 March, with kick-off at 2pm. This remains subject to our involvement in the Carabao Cup final.

All four matches are to be broadcast on Sky.
Let's assume we're in the Caraboa final. Then it would be Everton v Rags on at 2 pm so assume Caraboa will be 4.30 pm kick off.

So 5th round FA cup tie would be Wed 4th March (though not past them giving us Sunday and Tuesday games).

If Arsenal got knocked out of Europa league is there still a ban of playing games when European games are on? If so we might not get the Arsenal game till 21/22 April, by which time games v Chelsea (FA 6th) and Newcastle (semi-f) could also have been postponed with only one spare midweek in the last week of the season....

Let's assume we're in the Caraboa final. Then it would be Everton v Rags on at 2 pm so assume Caraboa will be 4.30 pm kick off.

So 5th round FA cup tie would be Wed 4th March (though not past them giving us Sunday and Tuesday games).

If Arsenal got knocked out of Europa league is there still a ban of playing games when European games are on? If so we might not get the Arsenal game till 21/22 April, by which time games v Chelsea (FA 6th) and Newcastle (semi-f) could also have been postponed with only one spare midweek in the last week of the season....

FA Cup 4th round is 25/26th January

@chesterbells Instead of carrying on the PL TV times discussion in the FA Cup thread, thought would post here instead as being more relevant.

Yes, we have not seen City play in one of those Friday night slots but I am not sure we have seen anyone at all on Saturday Night (7:45pm) slot yet.

These were the packages sold and who got them and when they're showing them. The last two were pending still when they had announced initial bids that won different packages, but later I can't find any official announcement on remaining two packages but since then they have been broadcast I can deduce easily who won which one ...

Package A - won by BT 32 matches on Saturdays at 12:30
Package B - won by Sky Sports 32 matches on Saturdays at 17:30
Package C - won by Sky Sports 24 matches on Sundays at 14:00 and eight matches on Saturdays at 19:45
Package D - won by Sky Sports 32 matches on Sundays at 16:30
Package E - won by Sky Sports 24 matches on Mondays at 20:00 or Fridays at 19:30/20:00 and eight matches on Sundays at 14:00
Package F - to be decided 20 matches from one Bank Holiday and one midweek fixture programme
Package G - to be decided 20 matches from two midweek fixture programmes

I think Package F eventually went to Amazon Prime and they picked up all 10 games early December midweek and then all 10 again over Boxing Day.

Package G seems to have gone to BT Sport who got all 10 games for the New Year Day matchweek which was mid week ... but the other 10 seem to have been renegotiated and I can see BT picking up 5 games from the January mid-week gameweek over 21/22/23 January and then also the split gameweek in February (over two weekends, and no longer mid-week) showing 3 games on 8/9 Feb and another 2 games on 14/15 Feb ...

Contrary to belief the Friday Night games are actually packaged with the Monday Night slots and not the new Saturday night slot (Package E) alongside some games from one SuperSunday slot. What remains to be seen however is what Sky is doing with Package C ... that is part of their SuperSunday but also have 8 games on Saturday night 7:45pm and I don't recall any that they have shown in that slot yet. So with 17 gameweeks left, and next 7 already decided in terms of TV picks, that only leaves us with 10 gameweeks, so 8 out of those would be Saturday Night slots?

I think Premier League backtracked on that slot and renegotiated with BT and Sky underhand ... with BT taking up half of the weekend games (5) split over the two weekends in February in lieu of half of their mid-week games in January ... and then Sky to keep them happy and quiet over this PL told them to use those 8 Sat Night games on MNF, FNF or over their Super Sundays so everyone was happy and this just went all under the carpet, without any of this being announced. Either that or some other way they sweetened the deal for BT to pick that last package that went unsold in the initial bidding and because BT was "given" the sweetened package, Sky had to be compensated somehow. That's the only logical reason I can pick from looking at what has gone on so far with scheduling and TV picks ... or PL can come out and actually tell us what and how they have sold those last two packages.

@chesterbells Instead of carrying on the PL TV times discussion in the FA Cup thread, thought would post here instead as being more relevant.

Yes, we have not seen City play in one of those Friday night slots but I am not sure we have seen anyone at all on Saturday Night (7:45pm) slot yet.

These were the packages sold and who got them and when they're showing them. The last two were pending still when they had announced initial bids that won different packages, but later I can't find any official announcement on remaining two packages but since then they have been broadcast I can deduce easily who won which one ...

Package A - won by BT 32 matches on Saturdays at 12:30
Package B - won by Sky Sports 32 matches on Saturdays at 17:30
Package C - won by Sky Sports 24 matches on Sundays at 14:00 and eight matches on Saturdays at 19:45
Package D - won by Sky Sports 32 matches on Sundays at 16:30
Package E - won by Sky Sports 24 matches on Mondays at 20:00 or Fridays at 19:30/20:00 and eight matches on Sundays at 14:00
Package F - to be decided 20 matches from one Bank Holiday and one midweek fixture programme
Package G - to be decided 20 matches from two midweek fixture programmes

I think Package F eventually went to Amazon Prime and they picked up all 10 games early December midweek and then all 10 again over Boxing Day.

Package G seems to have gone to BT Sport who got all 10 games for the New Year Day matchweek which was mid week ... but the other 10 seem to have been renegotiated and I can see BT picking up 5 games from the January mid-week gameweek over 21/22/23 January and then also the split gameweek in February (over two weekends, and no longer mid-week) showing 3 games on 8/9 Feb and another 2 games on 14/15 Feb ...

Contrary to belief the Friday Night games are actually packaged with the Monday Night slots and not the new Saturday night slot (Package E) alongside some games from one SuperSunday slot. What remains to be seen however is what Sky is doing with Package C ... that is part of their SuperSunday but also have 8 games on Saturday night 7:45pm and I don't recall any that they have shown in that slot yet. So with 17 gameweeks left, and next 7 already decided in terms of TV picks, that only leaves us with 10 gameweeks, so 8 out of those would be Saturday Night slots?

I think Premier League backtracked on that slot and renegotiated with BT and Sky underhand ... with BT taking up half of the weekend games (5) split over the two weekends in February in lieu of half of their mid-week games in January ... and then Sky to keep them happy and quiet over this PL told them to use those 8 Sat Night games on MNF, FNF or over their Super Sundays so everyone was happy and this just went all under the carpet, without any of this being announced. Either that or some other way they sweetened the deal for BT to pick that last package that went unsold in the initial bidding and because BT was "given" the sweetened package, Sky had to be compensated somehow. That's the only logical reason I can pick from looking at what has gone on so far with scheduling and TV picks ... or PL can come out and actually tell us what and how they have sold those last two packages.

Updated news release from PL had described the packages the following way ... so they HAVE admittedly changed Package G as I had said above, but the mystery of Package C remains. No sign of those 8 live Saturday night games yet ...

Split of UK live rights

Sky Sports

128 matches per season consisting of:
Package B 32 matches at Saturday 17:30
Package C 24 matches at Sunday 14:00 and eight matches at Saturday 19:45
Package D 32 matches at Sunday 16:30
Package E 24 matches at Monday 20:00 or Friday 19:30–20:00 and eight matches at Sunday 14:00

BT Sport
52 matches per season consisting of
Package A 32 matches at Saturday 12:30
Package G 15 matches from two midweek fixture programmes and five matches from the split weekend

Amazon Prime Video
Package F 20 matches per season from one Bank Holiday and one midweek fixture programme

The 7.45pm KOs might be something theyll use towards the end of the season when CL tuesday games might change a number of fixtures. Especially if more English stay in.

Last season the only 7.45 i can think of was Liverpool newcastle 4th May. We got moved to the Monday after getting knocked out the CL. Vincent Kompany remembers that game well.

Your point is right thought that they dont seem to stick steadfast to these packages and they change underhand during the season. Good old Sly Sky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.