TV Fixture Changes 2019/20

Updated news release from PL had described the packages the following way ... so they HAVE admittedly changed Package G as I had said above, but the mystery of Package C remains. No sign of those 8 live Saturday night games yet ...

Split of UK live rights

Sky Sports

128 matches per season consisting of:
Package B 32 matches at Saturday 17:30
Package C 24 matches at Sunday 14:00 and eight matches at Saturday 19:45
Package D 32 matches at Sunday 16:30
Package E 24 matches at Monday 20:00 or Friday 19:30–20:00 and eight matches at Sunday 14:00

BT Sport
52 matches per season consisting of
Package A 32 matches at Saturday 12:30
Package G 15 matches from two midweek fixture programmes and five matches from the split weekend

Amazon Prime Video
Package F 20 matches per season from one Bank Holiday and one midweek fixture programme

Thanks for that. So there is no compulsion to have any FNF at all in fact is there? Sky could go big on a Monday night and curtail Fridays. They certainly seem to use a different presentation set up on MNF vs FNF, as the former gives them chance to roll out a full 4 hour broadcast with video reviews of all the preceding games from the weekend, so in that sense it’s a more attractive slot perhaps.

Those 1400 Sunday kick offs don’t seem to have taken place every single match weekend this season, or maybe it’s just my imagination.

On the other thread I expressed my desire for a Friday night City match, but strangely 7.45 Saturday night doesn’t hold the same appeal. I know in other European countries it’s a well used time slot, but I don’t sense a lot of appetite for it here.

Just looking at FA Cup dates, I see 5th Round is earmarked for a midweek Wed 5 March; hadn’t realised this.

We have league games vs Arsenal Sunday 1st, then united Saturday 7th.

Just looking at FA Cup dates, I see 5th Round is earmarked for a midweek Wed 5 March; hadn’t realised this.

We have league games vs Arsenal Sunday 1st, then united Saturday 7th.
The Arse game will be moved for the Carabao final, assuming we make it through the second leg.

The Arse game will be moved for the Carabao final, assuming we make it through the second leg.

Yep, let’s hope so. Just hadn’t realised it was turning into a midweek cup competition, but suppose the calendar is so tight these days. Reckon the derby could get moved to the 8th as well. I’d still want a nice comfy low key home cup match in the midweek though (assuming get past Fulham of course)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.