TV Referral System to be trialed in 2015

Bigga said:
LOL!!

For anyone objecting to the idea of VR, a 'challenge' to Clattenburg's penalty dismissal would have yielded 3 potential points, snatching possible victory from the jaws of defeat/ a draw!

I am, of course, surmising Demichelis' header found it's way into the net afterwards! A potential of points lost, at the end of the season, should not be greeted with jollies of "oh well, that's football!". Those dropped 2 points may well be the difference of winning.

Wilshere, a cheat is a cheat, is a cheat!!
Don't worry we'll get our fair share of lucky decisions throughout the season.

MaineRoadmcfc said:
Bigga said:
LOL!!

For anyone objecting to the idea of VR, a 'challenge' to Clattenburg's penalty dismissal would have yielded 3 potential points, snatching possible victory from the jaws of defeat/ a draw!

I am, of course, surmising Demichelis' header found it's way into the net afterwards! A potential of points lost, at the end of the season, should not be greeted with jollies of "oh well, that's football!". Those dropped 2 points may well be the difference of winning.

Wilshere, a cheat is a cheat, is a cheat!!
Don't worry we'll get our fair share of lucky decisions throughout the season.

Many keep saying this shite.

What's the point in hoping for things to 'even out over the course of the season'? It's utter crap and things would stand as they are on a 'challenge' with no hoping for refs to be favourable in the future!!

Thank fuck!

Football is really coming into the 1990s now!

karen7 said:
Dubai Blue said:
karen7 said:
Today it would have shown why it's needed
The game needs it ASAP
Bollocks

Charming and informative
We would have had a penalty
The fact that bad decisions happen isn't beyond despute. How the authorities make a review system work effectively is. Today changes nothing.

Dubai Blue said:
karen7 said:
Dubai Blue said:

Charming and informative
The fact that bad decisions happen isn't beyond despute. How the authorities make a review system work effectively is. Today changes nothing.

The penalty claim is clear cut, no other extenuating circumstances in the way for the game to decide on and yet you claim VR would not be implemted 'effectively' in this case??

Incredible thinking...

Bigga said:
Dubai Blue said:
karen7 said:
Charming and informative

The penalty claim is clear cut, no other extenuating circumstances in the way for the game to decide on and yet you claim VR would not be implemted 'effectively' in this case??

Incredible thinking...
I know we're going around in circles but..

So how would VR work in todays scenario then. The game immediately stops for a replay? This could be open to abuse by manager and stop the flow of the game. E.g a team breaking on a counter attack would obviously be stopped so the replay could be shown.

Or the second option as Blatter suggested. The VR would be shown once the ball is dead. I think we pretty much agree this could never work.

MaineRoadmcfc said:
Bigga said:
Dubai Blue said:

Incredible thinking...

So how would VR work in todays scenario then. The game immediately stops for a replay? This could be open to abuse by manager and stop the flow of the game. E.g a team breaking on a counter attack would obviously be stopped so the replay could be shown.

Or the second option as Blatter suggested. The VR would be shown once the ball is dead. I think we pretty much agree this could never work.

In this particular case, it's clear cut. There is no 'break away' and two players are appealing strenuously to the ref. Using Blatter's idiotic notion, the manager would appeal as he could not have possibly seen anything from there, but goes off his player's reaction. This would mean getting the immediate attention of the 4th/ 5th official or the players alerting the manager immediately(frantically waving/ sign language/ smoke signals/ whatever) so he could register the appeal.

So, yeah, 'immediate stop' and review.

Bigga said:
MaineRoadmcfc said:
Bigga said:

Incredible thinking...

In this particular case, it's clear cut. There is no 'break away' and two players are appealing strenuously to the ref. Using Blatter's idiotic notion, the manager would appeal as he could not have possibly seen anything from there, but goes off his player's reaction. This would mean getting the immediate attention of the 4th/ 5th official or the players alerting the manager immediately(frantically waving/ sign language/ smoke signals/ whatever) so he could register the appeal.

So, yeah, 'immediate stop' and review.
Surely you cant just pick and choose incidents when the game can immediately stop for a replay just because a few players thought it was a penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.