TV Series

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paul Lake's Left Knee, 28 May 2013.

1. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ompanies-cut-speeds-europe-traffic-spikes.amp

2. Lovebitesandeveryfing

Lovebitesandeveryfing

Yes, I know about that already. Cutting download speeds and the quality of the image is not the same as the internet crashing. There may be short blackouts. We'll see. It doesn't matter much either way who's right. And it doesn't change my basic point, which is that hundreds of thousands of people, and possibly millions worldwide, will have been driven by this confinement to sign up to Netflix (or Amazon Prime, or the others) who were not previously on it. And that when all this is over a significant proportion of them will stay on it. As a say, I won't be investing in Netflix or anything else, because I don't have that kind of money. It was a semi-jokey remark, by the way. I don't seriously think that many people come on BM to decide about what to invest in.

chesterbells likes this.
  3. nimrod

nimrod

Watched a series called Flowers.
    Fucking insane.

NorCalBlue likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Barcon

Barcon

What we do in the shadows is back on April 15th.

5. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

Finally got around to watching and finishing all series of Boardwalk Empire and now started on Ray Donovan.

6. Lovebitesandeveryfing

Lovebitesandeveryfing

What was that like? I had someone recommend it to me, but I hesitate about his recommendations (on the other hand, he did recommend The Knick to me, I invested in the DVDs, and it was worth it).
    Anybody here seen The Affair? It was highly recommended to me recently, but then I saw that they've somehow dragged it out to five full seasons. Has it really got the legs for that?

7. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

I thoroughly enjoyed it Lb.There are at least some true characters in the series,Hoover,Al Capone etc and some of it based on actual events.Corruption,sex and violence aplenty.

8. Kennedy_probably_has

Kennedy_probably_has

Boardwalk Empire is the greatest, the affair was decent to begin with but I gave up in series 3 so I wouldn’t say it had the legs for 5 seasons.

Boardwalk Empire is slow going series 1 but 2nd series is as good as it gets and carries on at that level for the rest of the show.

9. Just preordered Disney+ for me and the kids to help get us through the current crises. Wasnt gonna bother but looking at content looks like a good move. Lots on there at launch. Was just wondering if the 20th C fox movie catelog will be on there at some point or is it just content with a disney label? Thinkin Die Hard :)

10. bakerdave76

bakerdave76

Cheers just watched it in one go easy to watch and a great sound track .