TV Series

Anyone watching the latest episodes of Father Brown?

I loved the show up until recently, but have put off watching it due to the major cast change recently. Reviews immediately following the cast shakeup were mostly bad, but now, after a few months, it seems that viewers have become accustomed to the new characters - and reviews have picked up.

I'm still on the fence, but I'm leaning towards resuming Father Brown viewership.

Thoughts?

Watched all Gomorah now very good the last season and how it ended was inevitable and wasn't that great a season but overall a 7.6/10

He has probably been typecast because of that excellent series (The Wire) because he is Irish.
I'm aware that The Wire received universally positive reviews at the time. Indeed, everyone I've spoken to since has given it unreserved praise to the extent that some claim it to be the best TV series ever! Why is it then that I was unable to get past the first episode recently? I found the direction unbearably leaden and the characters distinctly unengaging. Is there anyone on BM who thinks likewise or am I in a minority of one? If it's the latter I'll be the first to concede I need to give my head a wobble and persevere with it!

I'm aware that The Wire received universally positive reviews at the time. Indeed, everyone I've spoken to since has given it unreserved praise to the extent that some claim it to be the best TV series ever! Why is it then that I was unable to get past the first episode recently? I found the direction unbearably leaden and the characters distinctly unengaging. Is there anyone on BM who thinks likewise or am I in a minority of one? If it's the latter I'll be the first to concede I need to give my head a wobble and persevere with it!

I am not a fan of his acting, in anything so I would be biased in thinking you have a point.

I clearly have too much time on my hands but here's my two penn'orth.
If you like absurdist, ink-black comedy and exhilarating action scenes mixed with moments of genuinely heartbreaking pathos, I thoroughly recommend the unique Bill Hader series, Barry (currently available on Sky and Now TV). Without doubt, some of the best TV I've ever seen. Oh and a career best performance by Henry Winkler (yes, that one). If you've never felt compassion for a ruthless, contract killer, you've never seen Barry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.