TV Series

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paul Lake's Left Knee, 28 May 2013.

1. ell

ell

Tried the first 4 episodes of the Outsider before binning it which is rare as usually no matter how rubbish something is I feel the need to finish it.

Finished Jack Ryan S2 last night, nothing great but an easy watch quite enjoyed it.

Fancy Ozark 3 or Narcos Mexico 2 next, or maybe the last ship 3

Summerbuzz, TCIB and somapop like this.
  2. Stoned Rose

Stoned Rose

101 Humans (Netflix). Behavior/psychology studies done on 100 everyday folk. Really interesting.

3. GaudinosWheels

GaudinosWheels

New Red Dwarf special on Dave on Thursday April 9th.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. somapop

somapop

I've got Narcos Mexico 2 lined up...but I'm enjoying Ozark so much at the moment.

Can anybody remember that new comedy (US Sketch show?) somebody mentioned on here a week or so back? Pretty sure it was on Netflix....

5. Otamendi's Beard

Otamendi's Beard

Loved Narcos Mexico. Quality series.

6. bennyboy

bennyboy

Chewing the fat and still game on netflix.

7. Uncle Wally One Ball

Uncle Wally One Ball

She is tall as fuck Ive just noticed

8. markbmcfc

markbmcfc

Just finished Ozark S3 and holy fuck what a finale.

9. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

Just started Big Little Lies. Looks like a slow burner but I like Reese Wetherspoons’ character.

She said “get fucked” to someone. A criminally underused phrase in film and television

10. Summerbuzz

Summerbuzz

I think about 60% of us did exactly the same thing. Found it impossible to take it seriously despite some good stuff. Too procedural for a horror, not believable enough for a procedural.

Anyway. Westworld Series 2, episode 2, damn, they've only gone and JJ'd it. Felt more like a Trailer for Westworld series 3 rather than the real thing. Massive budget, fast moving, change scenery every 5 minutes. Dreadful dialogue, really can't escape the building sense of naffness about the whole thing. Series 2 was okay for me because despite being a bit boring and confusing, at least they kept the pacing, used the violence sparingly for horrific effect, kept it all wierd and obscure, and mostly let us enjoy the actors. One thing I'll say contributed to the impression of this series not being particularly original was instantly recognising half of the locations, definitely greatest hits of film locations of recent years. The Italian village had even been used in a flipping video game, it's that well known.