TV Series

I think about 60% of us did exactly the same thing. Found it impossible to take it seriously despite some good stuff. Too procedural for a horror, not believable enough for a procedural.

Anyway. Westworld Series 2, episode 2, damn, they've only gone and JJ'd it. Felt more like a Trailer for Westworld series 3 rather than the real thing. Massive budget, fast moving, change scenery every 5 minutes. Dreadful dialogue, really can't escape the building sense of naffness about the whole thing. Series 2 was okay for me because despite being a bit boring and confusing, at least they kept the pacing, used the violence sparingly for horrific effect, kept it all wierd and obscure, and mostly let us enjoy the actors. One thing I'll say contributed to the impression of this series not being particularly original was instantly recognising half of the locations, definitely greatest hits of film locations of recent years. The Italian village had even been used in a flipping video game, it's that well known.

I actually really liked series 2 of 'WW'.

Once I got used to some of the timeline jumps, it was quite nice to work out who was in control of whom and when what was happening. The characters did dialogue like the watcher was playing catch up, but I found that fun.

Very ambitious, but I like that sort of thought when it's done well.

At the risk of making myself a laughing stock, I just started watching Schitts creek and it's piss funny. Only seen two episodes so that's my excuse if it's total shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.