TV Series

Two Gun Bob

Life is a web spun of ghosts dreams and illusions.
If you like that, get hold of I Claudius and Claudius the God by Robert Graves. Stunning historical novels. The BBC series I Claudius wasn't half bad either with Derek Jacobi and John Hurt.
Will definitely have a look at I Claudius after we've finished with Better Call Saul. Watched the first episode late last night and think it may have legs. The books should make for a good accompaniment of the series as a next holiday read whenever or wherever that may be.

Saddleworth2

Will definitely have a look at I Claudius after we've finished with Better Call Saul. Watched the first episode late last night and think it may have legs. The books should make for a good accompaniment of the series as a next holiday read whenever or wherever that may be.
I read both books when I was very young. They instilled in me a life long fascination for the Roman Empire and particularly the emperors Julius, Claudius, Augustus, Tiberius and Caligula. I'm sure you will love them.

Bill Walker

Watching Penoza, a Dutch TV series, just started, apparently there's 5 seasons.
Seems ok up to now.
Not brilliant, but reasonable.
Anyone watched it ?

waspish

Watching Penoza, a Dutch TV series, just started, apparently there's 5 seasons.
Seems ok up to now.
Not brilliant, but reasonable.
Anyone watched it ?

For me to watch a subtitle tv series it has to be an 8/10 show! Not Brilliant is not an endorsement for the show ;)

waspish

I've only watched one episode

Looking on IMDb it has a 8.2/10 started in 2010 finished in 2017 so not so bad ratings..

Two Gun Bob

Life is a web spun of ghosts dreams and illusions.
Better Call Saul

Arriving home last night from an arduous day at St Annes we had to restrain every sinew of our being not to binge watch B.C.S unto dawns early light.

Season One episode four where he sets up the promo billboard advert for his ailing company had us in hysterics as he raced up the crane to save the day. The man's an absolute cad but a very appealing cad at that and although dodgy as fook it's really difficult not to take to him.

Filmed as a prequel to the Breaking Bad series it ties into the plot magnificently with phenomenal acting and directing. A mention in dispatches to mike the stone faced parking man and also to Jimmy's brother chuck with tin foil gamma ray protection cape for his electromagnetic hypersensitivity Disorder E.S.D.

I think I may just have stumbled across something really special as we now chase through the latter stages of season one in anticipation of much goodness to come. If you haven't already tuned in then give it ago.

Last edited:

Mike N

Better Call Saul

Arriving home last night from an arduous day at St Annes we had to restrain every sinew of our being not to binge watch our new series B.C.S unto dawns early light.

Season One episode four where he sets up the promo billboard advert for his ailing company had us in hysterics as he raced up the crane to save the day. The man's an absolute cad but a very appealing cad at that and although dodgy as fook it's really difficult not to take to him.

Filmed as a prequel to the Breaking Bad series it ties into the plot magnificently with phenomenal acting and directing. A mention in dispatches to mike the stone faced parking man and also to bobs brother chuck complete with a tin foil gamma ray protection cape for his electromagnetic hypersensitivity Disorder E.S.D.

I think I may just have stumbled across something really special as we now chase through the latter stages of season one in anticipation of much goodness to come. If you haven't already tuned in then give it ago.

It’s a classic.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.