TV Series

I’m pretty late to the party but I’ve been off this week and I’ve been watching Frasier on channel 4 this week. I’m Actually really enjoying this as I’ve never watched it before.
Some excellent episodes and I really like the character Niles.
The episode where Niles decides to iron his pants and then pricks his finger and keeps fainting is brilliant silent comedy.

Watched 'Our flag means death' with Rhys Darby and Taika Waititi. Enjoyable little romp based loosely on a true story of the gentleman pirate.

I was optimistic knowing Oscar Isaacs was attached because he's excellent in everything, but I just watched the first Episode of Moon Knight and holy shit it was good.

Haven't been this hooked by a Disney+ show at all, let alone from episode 1.

I was optimistic knowing Oscar Isaacs was attached because he's excellent in everything, but I just watched the first Episode of Moon Knight and holy shit it was good.

Haven't been this hooked by a Disney+ show at all, let alone from episode 1.

That's really encouraging. His accent made me cringe a little in the trailers.

That's really encouraging. His accent made me cringe a little in the trailers.

That might be an issue. I found it jarring in the trailers because it's so different to his usual voice but I have met londoners with a similar accent and he nails the small turns of phrase and IMO sells it pretty well. It's not Dick Van Dyke.

1883 is the exact opposite of everything you just said.
In your opinion ;)

I've not watched 1883 myself but it reminded me of a conversation with a fellow dog walker a while back. The wife and myself were watching 'Annika' and absolutely loved it, I mentioned it as something to watch, knowing that both he and I had watched the same stuff recently and were always in accord. He came back a few days later and said he'd hated it and had already given up after just one episode.

1883 is the exact opposite of everything you just said.

In your opinion ;)

I've not watched 1883 myself but it reminded me of a conversation with a fellow dog walker a while back. The wife and myself were watching 'Annika' and absolutely loved it, I mentioned it as something to watch, knowing that both he and I had watched the same stuff recently and were always in accord. He came back a few days later and said he'd hated it and had already given up after just one episode.

I've not seen it yet but it's written by Taylor Sheridan, who wrote Sicario, Wind River and Hell or High Water which were all IMO very good and critically acclaimed, so it'd be a shame and a bit of a surprise if 1883 is shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.