TV Series

I've not seen it yet but it's written by Taylor Sheridan, who wrote Sicario, Wind River and Hell or High Water which were all IMO very good and critically acclaimed, so it'd be a shame and a bit of a surprise if 1883 is shit.
I didn’t think it was shit, I enjoyed it. Haven’t watched Yellowstone yet so not sure if it helps to have done so but wouldn’t have thought so with it being a prequel.
Long stopped telling people what they should or shouldn’t like anymore when it comes to entertainment as it’s personal choice, though I tend to go the opposite of whatever @Bill Walker thinks is great… :-)

I like a good Western, but this is slow and dreary. Acting is a bit shit as well.
Agree Bill. I watched a few episodes of 1883 - looks like a fun diversion - but not awesome.

Have you watched the movie, "News of the World"? It's set in roughly the same timeframe, and is, IMO, really, really good.

Tom Hanks plays the protagonist who encounters a scene of recent Indian massacre while traveling alone on horseback. Nearby he finds an orphaned young blonde-haired girl who is unable to speak English - apparently having been raised by native American Indians. The protagonist takes her in and eventually sets out to return her to her next of kin.

Great film - best by far that I've watched recently.

I didn’t think it was shit, I enjoyed it. Haven’t watched Yellowstone yet so not sure if it helps to have done so but wouldn’t have thought so with it being a prequel.
Long stopped telling people what they should or shouldn’t like anymore when it comes to entertainment as it’s personal choice, though I tend to go the opposite of whatever @Bill Walker thinks is great… :-)
Really, you didn't like Flight or any Tarantino or Coen Brothers movies,
The Revenant, Godfather, In Bruges, History of Violence, The Hunt, Riders of Justice, American Psycho, Unforgiven ?
These are all some of my favourite movies.

Agree Bill. I watched a few episodes of 1883 - looks like a fun diversion - but not awesome.

Have you watched the movie, "News of the World"? It's set in roughly the same timeframe, and is, IMO, really, really good.
Yes mate I've seen it, excellent movie, I really enjoyed it.

Thought 1883 was dire. Can't remember one good actor. Sam Elliott would be the best known but he's so old now 77, he does everything in slow motion and can hardly speak, his words sound garbled mostly. Pretty unbelievable he would be leading a wagon train a thousand miles at that age.
I watched 3 episodes but got bored with it.

I've not seen it yet but it's written by Taylor Sheridan, who wrote Sicario, Wind River and Hell or High Water which were all IMO very good and critically acclaimed, so it'd be a shame and a bit of a surprise if 1883 is shit.
Wind River was a great film.

Wind River was a great film.
Speaking of...

River

It's nominally a detective mystery - but it's much, much more. About a lonely cop who recently lost his female partner.

I won't go into further detail - to avoid spoiling the plot.

I can't recommend River enough - 9.9+ out of 10. One of the top 5 series on TV I've ever watched.

Last edited:
Speaking of...

River

It's nominally a detective mystery - but it's much, much more. About a lonely, elderly cop who recently lost his female partner.

I won't go into further detail - to avoid spoiling the plot.

I can't recommend River enough - 9.9+ out of 10. One of the top 5 series on TV I've ever watched.

Loved this series - my wife watches anything and everything in this genre. Nicola Walker (she's played a few detective roles) is also very good as his partner.

Loved this series - my wife watches anything and everything in this genre. Nicola Walker (she's played a few detective roles) is also very good as his partner.
Nicola Walker is an amazing actress. Moreover, she seems to be very discriminating - everything I've seen in which she appears is top notch.

River though - is a cut above all else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.