TV Series

Have you watched Unforgiven? Awesome film.

Eastwood and Freeman? I was made to watch that in college in the late 90s. Our tutor in media studies loved it. I didn't appreciate it then, but I'd probably enjoy it now.

Up until recently I'd only really watched Young Guns (both 1 and 2) and enjoyed the peyote scene more than anything else as it reminded me of most of our LSD infused evenings back then (without the guns).

Agree Bill. I watched a few episodes of 1883 - looks like a fun diversion - but not awesome.

Have you watched the movie, "News of the World"? It's set in roughly the same timeframe, and is, IMO, really, really good.

Tom Hanks plays the protagonist who encounters a scene of recent Indian massacre while traveling alone on horseback. Nearby he finds an orphaned young blonde-haired girl who is unable to speak English - apparently having been raised by native American Indians. The protagonist takes her in and eventually sets out to return her to her next of kin.

Great film - best by far that I've watched recently.

Was great until Hanks started listening in on Jessie James voicemails. ****.

First couple of episodes of Slow Horses are out. It's a series based on the highly acclaimed novels by Mick Herron and has some big names attached (inc. Gary Oldman, Kristin Scott Thomas & Jonathan Pryce) so I'll definitely be checking it out at some point.

Follows a team of British intelligence agents who serve in a dumping ground department of MI5 due to their career-ending mistakes. Led by their brilliant but irascible leader, the notorious Jackson Lamb.

Eastwood and Freeman? I was made to watch that in college in the late 90s. Our tutor in media studies loved it. I didn't appreciate it then, but I'd probably enjoy it now.

Up until recently I'd only really watched Young Guns (both 1 and 2) and enjoyed the peyote scene more than anything else as it reminded me of most of our LSD infused evenings back then (without the guns).
The outlaw josey Wales and the good the bad and the ugly IMHO are his best 2 westerns.

Never liked Westerns. Ever.
Watched 1883 last week - I'm hooked. I actually want a Stetson hat.
I'll be on Red Dead Redemption 2 all weekend in between episodes of Deadwood I've just sourced.

I really enjoyed Godless. It's a one off series which I prefer and is still available on Netflix.

Bloody hell, I just checked and it's 30 years old this year. Boy, do I feel old :(

First couple of episodes of Slow Horses are out. It's a series based on the highly acclaimed novels by Mick Herron and has some big names attached (inc. Gary Oldman, Kristin Scott Thomas & Jonathan Pryce) so I'll definitely be checking it out at some point.

Follows a team of British intelligence agents who serve in a dumping ground department of MI5 due to their career-ending mistakes. Led by their brilliant but irascible leader, the notorious Jackson Lamb.

Just watched the first episode...really enjoyed it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.