TV Series

^^ Michael "Heat" Mann directs the pilot episode of Tokyo Vice.
47AEBJj.gif

Edit: The BBC have picked up the series, expected to be aired later this year.

Last edited:
New show Tokyo Vice

A Western journalist working for a publication in Tokyo takes on one of the city's most powerful crime bosses.

In 1999, When he was hired as a rookie reporter for Yomiuri Shimbun. As a cadet, he describes being taken under the wing of Sekiguchi, an older detective. Adelstein was initially assigned to "tacky" Saitama, and the memoir covers his next 12 years as a staffer for the paper, describing 80-hour work weeks, relationship difficulties, and the interactions between crime reporters and the police. Specific cases involve the search for the killer of Lucie Blackman, and the memoir also details death threats after he published an expose on Tadamasa Goto. He also uncovered that Saitama Prefecture was altering scientific data on dioxin contamination.

Been waiting for this drop.

I, actually, forgot about it so cheers for heads up.

Slow Horses on Apple TV+ - I started watching this because it was so highly rated. First 2 episodes or so it was OK... but after episode 3, wow!

I'm not sure how this series will turn out but it's very well-acted, and has an engaging story line with likable characters.

It's about an MI-5 reject office called "Slough House" where disgraced MI-5 officers that don't quite merit outright firing are sent.

But things aren't so simple as this. Slough House actually contains several competent officers one of whom stumbles upon an intriguing case concerning the kidnapping of the son of Islamic parents by a far right group who threaten to behead him in retaliation for Islamic acts of similar nature.

What evolves is a complex narrative with twists that I'm very much hooked into. Highly recommended!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.