TV Series

Interesting.

For me, 'Ray Donovan' doesn't just "get on with things" like normal, though. He barely suppresses anything internally and can't connect to anyone!

He's, basically, a ticking time bomb.
The narcissistic element from his dad’s character is alive and well, personally, I think it’s been very well done how they’ve not completely removed that element from Ray’s character.

The narcissistic element from his dad’s character is alive and well, personally, I think it’s been very well done how they’ve not completely removed that element from Ray’s character.

What I really enjoy (amongst many) is the dynamic between 'Ray' and 'Mickey Donovan'.

I've been trying to decipher how to describe it, but it's really difficult! However, I find 'Ray' being the 'Alpha' shrinks, mentally, in the presence of 'Mickey' who shrinks, physically, in the presence of 'Ray'!

Both are 'Alpha' in their own way, but fear each other. It's totally fascinating writing!

What I really enjoy (amongst many) is the dynamic between 'Ray' and 'Mickey Donovan'.

I've been trying to decipher how to describe it, but it's really difficult! However, I find 'Ray' being the 'Alpha' shrinks, mentally, in the presence of 'Mickey' who shrinks, physically, in the presence of 'Ray'!

Both are 'Alpha' in their own way, but fear each other. It's totally fascinating writing!
I think that’s a pretty good description tbh mate, there will have been a time when Mickey intimidated Ray both physically and mentally, and then had to really focus on the mental element once Ray caught up with him physically ( which he absolutely knew would happen eventually), which in itself is very manipulative (and typical) of those types of relationships, it’s an intriguing play off each other and brilliantly done at times .

The Brokenwood Mysteries - a fun, non-serious show.

But for me, the fun seems to have drained out of the most recent season. The series seems to have devolved into weak storylines full of previous season cliches. There are so many fantastic alternatives airing that I'll probably stop watching this series.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.