TV Series

Two Doors Down

Saw bits and pieces over the years so gave it a go from the start. We’ll what a gem of a British comedy, great cast.

Cathy - a drunken legend!!
If you liked Royle family, Early Doors etc you’ll probably like this.
It’s a game of 2 halves. Some episodes very good and laugh out loud. Others excruciatingly bad.

Just started watching Wayward Pines . . only in episode 2 and it’s a bit weird but also tantalisingly interesting in a love child of ‘the prisoner’ & ‘twin peaks’ sort of way.
Without revealing the plot - will I regret my initial enthusiasm?

Under the Banner of Heaven

Not noirish and atmospheric like True Detective at its very best but very well acted and compelling. Based on a true story as well.

Any potential viewer should be curious about Mormonism, though.
We've just started this, watched the first couple and enjoyed them. The sound waa very atmospheric. Thought it a bit odd that there are so many Brits playing Americans in it.

Two Doors Down

Saw bits and pieces over the years so gave it a go from the start. We’ll what a gem of a British comedy, great cast.

Cathy - a drunken legend!!
If you liked Royle family, Early Doors etc you’ll probably like this.
Unsure why this evaded me for so long. Started watching about 6 weeks ago, bloody brilliant. Christine steals it for me

Loved it just a pity they cancelled after season two
I’ll carry on with enthusiasm then - thanks - many great actors - Toby Jones and Juliette Lewis are right up there amongst the actors that draw me to watch tv series & movies that I’d otherwise swerve clear of.
Matt Dillon’s ok too.

Edit; Having watched episode 2, I’m not sure that Juliette Lewis’s magnetism will pull quite so strongly as I proceed into episode 3 and beyond :-(

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.