TV Series

I thought it was very well done. For a person who has no idea about the books or the lore it set everything up perfectly. Plus the acting was good, the scenery excellent and there was actual action rather than the dragon thing whittling on and on.

Cool,a bit of balance....like anything,beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Just watched the first episode of Lord of the Rings. Looks beautiful and the feeling is about right, I think, but might need a bit of patience.

Well the Galadriel character has the charisma of a twig,

I wish they'd given her more fury.

The Galadriel we know from LOTR is wise and sad with an undercurrent of danger, it's not hard to imagine that much younger, and grieving for her brother, and certain there's still a threat out there, she might have a real rage running through her. It's easy to draw a line from anger to sadness over time, I think.

Some of her actions already have seemed reckless, but she still comes across as calm and measured. So far she's the focal point and that means she needs to carry some emotional weight too, but one episode in I don't feel much about her.

Last edited:
Just watched the first episode of Lord of the Rings. Looks beautiful and the feeling is about right, I think, but might need a bit of patience.

Exactly this.

It's quite beautifully told and you can see where the money's been spent.

Nothing worse than seeing a TV show the carbon copy of another, so I like this slow pace.

I wish they'd given her more fury.

The Galadriel we know from LOTR is wise and sad with an undercurrent of danger, it's not hard to imagine that much younger, and grieving for her brother, and certain there's still a threat out there, she might have a real rage running through her. It's easy to draw a line from anger to sadness over time, I think.

Some of her actions already have seemed reckless, but she still comes across as calm and measured. So far she's the focal point and that means she needs to carry some emotional weight too, but one episode in I don't feel much about her.

You are aware this is centuries before the 'Galadriel' we know.

It's, most likely, going to be the journey she takes to get to that character we've seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.