TV Series

You are aware this is centuries before the 'Galadriel' we know.

It's, most likely, going to be the journey she takes to get to that character we've seen.
Yeah, that was kind of the point I was making :) I was wanting her to feel different, younger, angrier, more reckless, rather than aloof and unknowable.

But it's only one episode in and it could go anywhere from here, I'm willing to give it time to find its heart.

Can we all be just a tad mindful of spoilers for such a new show and a general TV thread. If you want to discuus a particular show then start a new thread for it please as per the GoT prequel. People can stay out of it then if they haven't seen it yet.

Fair point. I've hidden my comment behind a spoiler tag now.

Yeah, that was kind of the point I was making :) I was wanting her to feel different, younger, angrier, more reckless, rather than aloof and unknowable.

But it's only one episode in and it could go anywhere from here, I'm willing to give it time to find its heart.

To be fair, Cate Blanchett's rendition would be hard to top!

The issues you point out, though, I thought we see as a gradual build up through ep one. I think the difference of how I'm viewing it, is without comparison to what's gone on before; a fresh start.

In that sense I'm free to enjoy what I'm seeing.

I dunno how anyone else watching it.

House of the dragon is far superior, and this comes from someone who loved and then hated GoT for what they did to it.

LoTR:RoP is absolute dross. No respect for the source material. Amateur acting, terrible script, dire pacing. I love LoTR, I grew up with it. This was the children born of the 90s Star Wars (original trilogy). I was born in 1992 and I remember vividly watching every single Lord of the Rings film in the cinema. The hobbit series was crap and I imagine watching them was like what kids of the 70s and 80s felt watching the Star Wars prequels ( although I love them) I wanted to like it. But it just made me feel like shit and sick. Poor. Also ironic that woke LoTR has the unkept hobbit precursors speaking as Irish travellers and thus is racist. Not for me. Shite. And dwarf women have beards.

House of the dragon is far superior, and this comes from someone who loved and then hated GoT for what they did to it.

LoTR:RoP is absolute dross. No respect for the source material. Amateur acting, terrible script, dire pacing. I love LoTR, I grew up with it. This was the children born of the 90s Star Wars (original trilogy). I was born in 1992 and I remember vividly watching every single Lord of the Rings film in the cinema. The hobbit series was crap and I imagine watching them was like what kids of the 70s and 80s felt watching the Star Wars prequels ( although I love them) I wanted to like it. But it just made me feel like shit and sick. Poor. Also ironic that woke LoTR has the unkept hobbit precursors speaking as Irish travellers and thus is racist. Not for me. Shite. And dwarf women have beards.

Jesus its only released 2 episodes! Judge it at the end of the season

And don't be talking "no respect for the source material" you know Christopher Tolkien absolutely hated the LotR movies....

Last edited:
I thought that LoTR improved enormously in the second episode. I actually like the series so far - it's no GoT, but it's worth watching.

Jesus its only released 2 episodes! Judge it at the end of the season

And don't be talking "no respect for the source material" you know Christopher Tolkien absolutely hated the LotR movies....

I have to agree it was a pathetic rant without any sense of irony of Tolkien.

I suppose there's supposed to be no separation to distinguish people/ characters; they should all speak the same way and look the same.

Seems not to realise books reflect a space in time for the reader, so if they see a colour palette in their head, they're never going to be inclusive of a modern take of a book written almost 80 years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.