TV Series

Munich Games..... Sky Atlantic.

S1 E1. So far so good, in fact brilliant, right up my street.

Going to watch to episode 3 or 4 of 6 and download the rest to watch on our flight to Gran Canaria next week.

Highly recommended.
Thanks for that Joe. Got it on record. I enjoyed the film too with Eric Bana.

I also enjoyed The Undeclared War recently on Ch4.

Same here. I felt that S1 was good, S2 was a trudge and I dropped not long after S3 started because I found the storyline so unbelievable that I became disillusioned.

I quite like outlandish tv, I’m generally pretty good at suspending disbelief, I’ve enjoyed watching all kinds of sci-fi & fantasy and provided the narrative follows it’s own principles it works fine.
Not everything needs to ring true to be entertaining, but if it isn’t sci-fi or fantasy, if the story being sold is supposed to relate to real life (even in an exaggerated fashion) and a scene has someone having their big toenail ripped out with a pair of pliers but they don’t limp afterwards, not even a little bit, and not a hint of an excuse for it (took an aspirin perhaps?) then both the actor and the director should be in a different line of work because IMO they have no respect for their storyline or their audience.

Others may feel different and, if they can get some fun out of it then fair play to them.
I tried sticking with it but I won’t give it the time of day now.

Gave S3 (Ozark) a right good go. Not sure those are necessarily the things that bothered me, but I can see what you mean to an extent. Although he did limp a little I think, but whatever.

S3 does start a lot better. And just then sticks with the same. I have 2 episodes left, so might as well finish that, and then the rest is going in the bin.

It is basically a hillbilly Eastenders. That isn't even me trying to be harsh or negative about it, that is just literally exactly what it is. Constant doom and OTT drama, often self inflicted. Everyone is trapped, everyone is suffering, no good ever comes out of anything, one disaster to the next. Identical tone throughout, with the odd bit of forced random shock value to astound. Characters totally flat, one aspect to them that gets milked till they become parodies of themselves. Even has a menacing drum to end each episode. Better acting and production value, granted, but that's about the only difference.

Same here. I felt that S1 was good, S2 was a trudge and I dropped not long after S3 started because I found the storyline so unbelievable that I became disillusioned.

I quite like outlandish tv, I’m generally pretty good at suspending disbelief, I’ve enjoyed watching all kinds of sci-fi & fantasy and provided the narrative follows it’s own principles it works fine.
Not everything needs to ring true to be entertaining, but if it isn’t sci-fi or fantasy, if the story being sold is supposed to relate to real life (even in an exaggerated fashion) and a scene has someone having their big toenail ripped out with a pair of pliers but they don’t limp afterwards, not even a little bit, and not a hint of an excuse for it (took an aspirin perhaps?) then both the actor and the director should be in a different line of work because IMO they have no respect for their storyline or their audience.

Others may feel different and, if they can get some fun out of it then fair play to them.
I tried sticking with it but I won’t give it the time of day now.
Yeah i felt the same about Ozark and i add Yellowstone ( just a modern day Dallas but set in nicer scenery) to that too.

I'm very cynical when it comes to tv or movies (James Bond) like these, as i usually end up thinking that these people who suffer these endless violent episodes should be either dead, or at least should be in hospital and surely they should be suffering mentally due to constant trauma they endure, but no they're right as rain in a couple of episodes!

As you say you can get disillusioned pretty quickly.

I started watching The Rings of Power and House of the Dragon and both are in the, been there, done that category for me!

I'm very disappointed with the recent high profile fantasy series on offer: House of the Dragon, The Rings of Power and The Wheel of Time.

Is it so difficult to find good writers and actors?

I'm very disappointed with the recent high profile fantasy series on offer: House of the Dragon, The Rings of Power and The Wheel of Time.

Is it so difficult to find good writers and actors?
I thought WoT was bloody awful. Like it was a childrens programme on a cheap budget and sacked it off after 2 episodes i think. HoD so far im finding ok and not tried Rings of Power yet but really hoping that's a good one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.