TV Series

Each to their own, I found Rings of Power turgid, primarily because of the poor writing but there are issues all over the shop. I gave up ten minutes into episode three and won't be returning.

You must miss out on an awful lot of great tv shows if you give up after 10mins?! Also though you have to be interested in these type of tv Genres

First 3 episodes of 'The Rings of Power' done and a good start i'd say. Visually its stunning and the story is developing slowly but i like that as the world is that vast i really don't want them to rush it. Just little introductions so far to middle earth and the different settings as the plot starts to develop. A lot of new characters to learn, but i'll get there quick enough. Shame they haven't put them all out together like they normally do as its the kind of thing i'd normally watch over a couple of days and that really helps when learning the characters.

Overall a decent start and just from a visual perspective it seems to do middle earth justice which makes it worth watching. No doubt the hardcore tolkien fans will pull it apart, but for me as a lover of the LOTR films i think its going to be an excellent addition.

I decided after the second episode to wait until they’re all released and then watch it. HoTD I can do one a week, think Lotr is more suited to bingeing though whilst they’re developing all the characters and plot lines.

Watched the first two episodes of Rings of Power. It's not bad, just not feeling the pull. Find myself getting distracted while watching it which is never a good sign. Find it all very artificial and bland.

House of the Dragon on the other hand, that got off to a good start without being brilliant, but the last two episodes have been really great. I'm finding myself feeling really absorbed by it.

Ten minutes into episode three presupposes I watched episodes one and two.

Ah ok that’s fair enough.

I presume there is a lot of talking character building in the first season and probably be the last one or two episodes where it heats up and I will understand this with quite a few seasons in the pipe line. I love the dialogue the characters building and you have to give it 100% concentration, it’s like starting a book you eventually get into it once you get to know the characters in it..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.