TV Series

Having finished rings of power I will give it a solid 7.5 it has a lot of work to do on the pacing and the storyline went a lot further in episode 8 than the first 7, I do like the cast, I have no problems with changes from the books, I suppose they didn't have the rights to use the Annatar character, the music was absolutely top notch throughout, would have liked to have seen more on the crafting of the rings and more of Sauron manipulating and charming his way in, not sure where the 9 for the race of men and 7 for the dwarf lords rings are though

Having finished rings of power I will give it a solid 7.5 it has a lot of work to do on the pacing and the storyline went a lot further in episode 8 than the first 7, I do like the cast, I have no problems with changes from the books, I suppose they didn't have the rights to use the Annatar character, the music was absolutely top notch throughout, would have liked to have seen more on the crafting of the rings and more of Sauron manipulating and charming his way in, not sure where the 9 for the race of men and 7 for the dwarf lords rings are though
Fair play,I thought it was rubbish.Lacking substance,dodgy acting,characters difficult to invest in, and juvenile in its portrayal.

A huge disappointment as the universe is one of my favourites.

Watched e8 and didnt even realise it was the last one, thats how 'meh' i was about the whole thing. Watchable yes, but the whole thing for me was just a bit bland in terms of storyline and characters.

Watched the full season twice now and I absolutely love it! It is a very slow character building story building show I understand that!

Think not watching any of the House of Dragons made watching the ring of power was the right choice so you don’t get any comparison even though they are totally different shows!

Ring of power for me is a 8/10

Now to start House of the dragons

Watched e8 and didnt even realise it was the last one, thats how 'meh' i was about the whole thing. Watchable yes, but the whole thing for me was just a bit bland in terms of storyline and characters.
Well not everything is for everyone unfortunately, I certainly didn't find Durin/Disa/Elrond to be bland, I loved the dynamics between them, I also wish we got to see more of Moria and Eregion rather than just a few rooms, Numenor looked amazing

Watched the full season twice now and I absolutely love it! It is a very slow character building story building show I understand that!

Think not watching any of the House of Dragons made watching the ring of power was the right choice so you don’t get any comparison even though they are totally different shows!

Ring of power for me is a 8/10

Now to start House of the dragons
emoji3.png
Going to start on HotD myself but having read books etc they are starting with Viserys taking the thrones so I'm expecting a long boring start but we shall see

The Bear not for me.
I suppose if you like Gordon Ramsay's antic you will like this.
I lasted 10 minutes, which admittedly is not enough to have a valid opinion. However when three things really annoy you early doors, you know it's not for you:-

1. Pointless swearing at each other. I like a good bit of swearing but not every f***ckin' sentence.
2. Everybody calling each other "chef".
3. Camera in everybody's face - I suppose claustrophobic was the feel they were going for but I didn't like it.

It's obviously got something as many are raving about it, but not me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.