TV Series

Can you elaborate, mate? As a book reader, I've found the TV show plot has really added a lot of nuance missing from the book (which, in fairness, was written as an 'unreliable' narrative).

I’m just finding it quite lazy and obvious in terms of how it’s moving the plot forward, there’s not any nuance, the kings council and the discussions there compared to GoT for example. Aside from the guy helping the queen, who just seems to be doing to just for something to do, there’s no-one like Tyrion, Varys or Littlefinger.

There’s nothing clever moving it forward, it seems to be just convenient actions (like the queen misunderstanding Vicerys on his death bed).

Given there’s virtually no humour in any of it either, I just don’t think it’s particularly well done. The acting and the action scenes are great and I’m still enjoying it because of that. It’s just all a bit simple.

I’m just finding it quite lazy and obvious in terms of how it’s moving the plot forward, there’s not any nuance, the kings council and the discussions there compared to GoT for example. Aside from the guy helping the queen, who just seems to be doing to just for something to do, there’s no-one like Tyrion, Varys or Littlefinger.

There’s nothing clever moving it forward, it seems to be just convenient actions (like the queen misunderstanding Vicerys on his death bed).

Given there’s virtually no humour in any of it either, I just don’t think it’s particularly well done. The acting and the action scenes are great and I’m still enjoying it because of that. It’s just all a bit simple.
Fair enough.

Personally, I find Otto's machinations pretty fascinating. He's essentially weaponised his daughter for his own gain.

Also, Mysaria is pretty much the forerunner of Varys. She has a much bigger role to play as Master of Whispers moving forward.

Fair enough.

Personally, I find Otto's machinations pretty fascinating. He's essentially weaponised his daughter for his own gain.

Also, Mysaria is pretty much the forerunner of Varys. She has a much bigger role to play as Master of Whispers moving forward.

Well yes, they made Ottos intentions explicit right from the get go. That’s a prime example though, all he really had to do was say to his daughter “go and try and shag the king”, he’s not actually done anything clever at all, it’s all then fallen conveniently into his lap through the actions of others.

Stumbled onto Mindhunters last week. Very good so far. Finished season 1. Serial killers seem to be everywhere these days. Frightening stuff but captivating all the same.

Last edited:
Re watching Lillyhmmer at the moment.
Just to see how it stands up to time.
I think it may have been the first ever show Netflix were involved in.
Still enjoyable.
Steve Van Zandt is one unlikely sex symbol, both as an actor and with the E street band.

Well yes, they made Ottos intentions explicit right from the get go. That’s a prime example though, all he really had to do was say to his daughter “go and try and shag the king”, he’s not actually done anything clever at all, it’s all then fallen conveniently into his lap through the actions of others.

I've not watched the latest episode, I've found that the characters are making such bad decisions it's infuriating me too much.

I assume they're trying to point out how flawed they are, but some of it's just maddening. And confusing the meaning of a dying man's last words is such a tired cliché.

I saw a promo for the last episode where Rhaenys could have killed all of her enemies with the dragon and ended the war before it even started and her obviously not doing it annoyed me to the point I can't be bothered to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.