TV Series

Ploughed through Cabinet of Curiosities....hit and miss for me.
The Crispin Glover one was odd - I mean, he's barely changed since Back to the Future but has he forgotten how to act? And what was his accent? South African? Bronx? Irish?

EP4 was good (the outside) - a little bit Tim Burton. Thumbs up on this one.

And lastnight watched Panos Cosmatos 'The Viewing' which I loved.
Really distinctive way of filming (pinched from numerous 70's movies tbf).
Took me a while to realise that was Peter Weller...

1667514689275.png

The Staircase - it’s all a bit mental and wouldn’t say I’m enjoying it at all but kinda want to know what actually happened in the end.

Yep. Really enjoyed it. One of my favourite shows in recent years.

Steve Martin and Martin Short have amazing chemistry.

I thought all three of them were excellent. Steve Martin and Martin Short, I kind of expected them to be, Selena Gomez was the surprise one for me.

All the supporting actors are great too.

I'm almost always way behind, but currently working our way through Homeland. Enjoyable enough, though S3 was shite for the first 3 quarters.
I jacked in as well, probably around the same time. Loved the Saul parts but in the end even I was hoping they would slot that Carrie girl. She agitated me. When the whole series was about her I guessed Id better stop watching

I jacked in as well, probably around the same time. Loved the Saul parts but in the end even I was hoping they would slot that Carrie girl. She agitated me. When the whole series was about her I guessed Id better stop watching
Don’t think I got much further myself, for similar reasons, couldn’t cope with watching an hysterical, disordered woman, and live with one in real life too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jamie Johnson

It’s a kid’s footy series my youngster is into.

Very Grange Hill meets Byker Grove meets Jossy’s Giants.

The main character and his grandad are both proper Mancs.

Not bad for a kid’s series and good in a daft way.

Get your kids on it they’ll enjoy it.

Ploughed through Cabinet of Curiosities....hit and miss for me.
The Crispin Glover one was odd - I mean, he's barely changed since Back to the Future but has he forgotten how to act? And what was his accent? South African? Bronx? Irish?

EP4 was good (the outside) - a little bit Tim Burton. Thumbs up on this one.

And lastnight watched Panos Cosmatos 'The Viewing' which I loved.
Really distinctive way of filming (pinched from numerous 70's movies tbf).
Took me a while to realise that was Peter Weller...

View attachment 59960
I love the retro feel of the above episode but the pacing is painfully slow.

Overall, as you said, the show is really hit and miss.

The Autopsy and The Outside were the clear standouts for me.

I watched the last episode of the Old Man last night. I think I must be the only one that found it tedious and the acting hammy beyond belief. Fuck sake John Lithgow could have been back in Third Rock from the Sun he made me laugh that much. 7 hours on this earth I will never get back. They didn’t even close down the sub plot about those lovely Rottweilers. And they have commissioned series 2. Trying to pass itself off as a serious spy drama. Well really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.