TV Series

Series three of wisting is the last three or four of series two , bollocks i was looking foward to that

Started house of the dragon this morning , watched two eps, hooked now

Finished The Old Man. I enjoyed it - a nice slow burner that made sense where it ended but given Season 2 has already been commissioned, there’s a lot more they can explore - e.g. more of what happened in 1980s Afghanistan. I think the dual timeline worked really well on this, and I enjoyed watching Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow.

Is it just the seven episodes? Odd way to end.
Series 1 is 7 episodes. The first 4 eps were good, but it became evident from ep 5 that the story line was being dragged out and I lost interest. However, I completed the series to see how things developed. Not impressed, just my opinion as I know others on BM liked it.

Have started to watch Spector. It's a 4 part documentary about Phil Spector, his life as a song writer and record producer. The first part deals with the shooting of Lana Clarkson for which he was subsequently found guilty and sentenced. Should be interesting.

Series 1 is 7 episodes. The first 4 eps were good, but it became evident from ep 5 that the story line was being dragged out and I lost interest. However, I completed the series to see how things developed. Not impressed, just my opinion as I know others on BM liked it.

Have started to watch Spector. It's a 4 part documentary about Phil Spector, his life as a song writer and record producer. The first part deals with the shooting of Lana Clarkson for which he was subsequently found guilty and sentenced. Should be interesting.
Without the star names I don't think it gets a second series. It reminds me of Homeland a lot so I'm not sure if they're going to be covering a lot of similar ground but I'll give the second series a chance.

Mentioned this a couple of weeks ago but I've finally got round to watching the 'new' Twin Peaks series.
Was a huge fan of the original at the time and until I started watching this again I'd forgotten how much if an effect it had on me.

Also thought I may have a different opinion of David Lynch's work these days (film & tv has so many influences and facsimiles of the pioneers work it' almost like everything has been done to death).

But, I'm finding so much enjoyment from it. It's great being back in that world and this is what happens when you give David Lynch carte blanche to do whatever the fuck he wants.

Not as polished (purposely) as some of my other favourite shows (Mad Men, Sopranos) but it's so entertaining and I've discovered I haven't grown out of the 'weird' after all.

Anyone else a fan?

Watched it a while back loved it, didn't know there was a book, will search it out.

By the author of gamorah. It explores the vast setup of the cocaine industry in far more reaching terms than the series ever did/could. An amazing chapter on the UK, London stock exchange and the 2008 financial crash - with the vast bulk of cocaine wealth been channeled through fake companies on the stock exchange helping us to avoid recession!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.