TV Series

I love western stuff pretty much exclusively due to The Man With No Name. So i saw this series drop and it piqued my interest. I am noting it here in case some of you want to check it out to.

"The English" (Amazon prime production) is about an English woman (Emily Blunt) who travels to America looking for who she believes is responsible for her sons death. This is in the midst, of The Civil War.

Not seen any of it yet myself but i'll give it a bash this evening.

New show just dropped

The Calling

NYPD Detective Avraham Avraham's belief in mankind is his superpower, when it comes to uncovering the truth. Guided by a deep sense of spirituality and religious principles, Avraham is left to question his own humanity when a seemingly routine investigation turns upside down.

Lynch's promotion of TM is actually quite controversial.

Just been reading about this in Ronald Purser's excellent book McMindfulness: How Mindfulness Became The New Capitalist Spirituality.

Purser states that Lynch has been an 'avid TM proselytizer since 1973' and makes use of high powered lawyers and 'cease and desist' letters when questions get asked about TM's Quiet Time school program.

With Severance, if you do go for it, for me it didn't start to impact until the second episode. It does require a bit of patience before its delights start to register.
Absolutely. Cult vibes there...
I have a friend who knows her yoga and mindfulness in some depth and isn't a fan of the TM movement.
As an aside, I need to tap your brain about some of this stuff but will take to PM if that's ok.

Looking forward to starting Severance.
I'm going to sign up for 3 months free Apple TV (setting a reminder to cancel!).

Just discovered I really enjoy podcasts however (finally caught up with Serial which has completely absorbed my time of late), but I can listen to them at different times from my viewing periods.

As an aside, I need to tap your brain about some of this stuff but will take to PM if that's ok.

Please do. There was something I wanted to tell you about in connection with Lynch that may be of interest but it is more suitable for PM.

I'm trying to get into Succession for a second (or third time). I keep hearing people raving about it so I'm assuming it gets better after it's pretty iffy start! Far too many cringeworthy characters that are making me want to hide behind the sofa... especially Macaulay Culkin's little brother. I'm only about 4 in.. gotta stick with it a bit.

I'm trying to get into Succession for a second (or third time). I keep hearing people raving about it so I'm assuming it gets better after it's pretty iffy start! Far too many cringeworthy characters that are making me want to hide behind the sofa... especially Macaulay Culkin's little brother. I'm only about 4 in.. gotta stick with it a bit.
I love it but I'd say if you don't like it after 3 or 4 episodes, then maybe it's not for you. It pretty much carries on the same way throughout.

I love western stuff pretty much exclusively due to The Man With No Name. So i saw this series drop and it piqued my interest. I am noting it here in case some of you want to check it out to.

"The English" (Amazon prime production) is about an English woman (Emily Blunt) who travels to America looking for who she believes is responsible for her sons death. This is in the midst, of The Civil War.

Not seen any of it yet myself but i'll give it a bash this evening.

wasn't able to watch last night but am looking forward to catching up tonight.

Just started watching something called 'Mr Inbetween' and really enjoying it. Australian drama / comedy about a guy who does bad things for bad people and the crap he gets up to. Really good so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.