TV Series

Same here..
Don't tell anyone, but I've never got past 20 minutes of lord of the rings either, I've tried to, honest I have, but it just sends me to sleep. It's probably epic when it gets going, but it seems pretty dull early doors.
Apologies to any lotr fans, which I acknowledge are many in number.

Don't tell anyone, but I've never got past 20 minutes of lord of the rings either, I've tried to, honest I have, but it just sends me to sleep. It's probably epic when it gets going, but it seems pretty dull early doors.
Apologies to any lotr fans, which I acknowledge are many in number.
Again we agree. I'm not into that fantasy stuff at all. Never see LOTR and never will do.

Again we agree. I'm not into that fantasy stuff at all. Never see LOTR and never will do.
Talking of which, strange as it seems, I enjoyed game of thrones when I eventually succumbed, despite my best efforts to avoid it as the stubborn sod I am.
I didn't start watching s1 until s5 was well underway. I expected to hate it, but it had that relatable history thing that I quite like, along with some great characters and storylines, plus it was superbly shot, great cinematography.
Decent, but not quite as good as most were saying at the time.
There were a few filler episodes for me, where not much occurred. And that final series, whilst not as bad as many make out, was sometimes stunning, sometimes underwhelming, and the last episode was a bit embarrassing considering all that went before.
Don't know if you've seen it, interested to hear your thoughts if you have Bill.

Talking of which, strange as it seems, I enjoyed game of thrones when I eventually succumbed, despite my best efforts to avoid it as the stubborn sod I am.
I didn't start watching s1 until s5 was well underway. I expected to hate it, but it had that relatable history thing that I quite like, along with some great characters and storylines, plus it was superbly shot, great cinematography.
Decent, but not quite as good as most were saying at the time.
There were a few filler episodes for me, where not much occurred. And that final series, whilst not as bad as many make out, was sometimes stunning, sometimes underwhelming, and the last episode was a bit embarrassing considering all that went before.
Don't know if you've seen it, interested to hear your thoughts if you have Bill.
I enjoyed S1, I've always liked Sean Bean.
Later on when dragons appeared, CGI... and other fantasy type stuff happened I stopped watching.
Just not into that kinda stuff.

I enjoyed S1, I've always liked Sean Bean.
Later on when dragons appeared, CGI... and other fantasy type stuff happened I stopped watching.
Just not into that kinda stuff.
Understand that, when she started flying around on dragons it did get a tad silly, but for me there was just enough going on to keep me interested.
The battle scenes were epic, especially battle of the bastards. Lord Bolton was a stand out character, a proper mentalist.
The red wedding, also a great episode.
They all get there cummupance in the end though, but perhaps not in the most obvious of ways.
When I look back, it did have some brilliant characters, each with their own unique, erm, character, all superbly acted.
I've watched it 3 times now, and even given its faults, it's still a great series.
Each to their own and I'm no fan boy, but I do think it's worth a watch.
Atb bill

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.