TV Series

Just watched a programme on BBC North West where Sally Phillips interviews Manchester Poet (Wigan born) Lemn Sissay. It’s absolutely brilliant, he’s a very engaging fella and Sally Phillips is such a natural host, check it out, really brilliant. Think it was called “what does Christmas mean to you” should be on catch up shortly.

Nor me, I've tried to watch the 1st episode several times, but have never got to the end of it.
Just didn't grab me for some reason. I know I'm probably missing out, as most rave about it.
The first episode is different to the rest - Gandolfinis Neww Jerzhee accent for a start lol. It was made 1-2 years before the rest of the first season. When I first watched it I didn't fully buy into it until a few eps in (when he takes his daughter to a few uni open days and clocks an old mob guy that ratted them out) Hopefully next time you try you get past the pilot and get right into it.

Prisoner cell block H is always worth a revist. The entire series all 692 episodes on are YouTube.

The Bill is also a great watch , which can also be found on YouTube. what is amazing about The Bill and even cell block H is how attitudes have changed over the years.

(the bill)Tn one episode or a time, it shows young girls under 16 acting as prostitutes. They are totally ballsed and never the victim.

Cell block H tackles insect or more like child abuse and its direct consequence.

The first episode is different to the rest - Gandolfinis Neww Jerzhee accent for a start lol. It was made 1-2 years before the rest of the first season. When I first watched it I didn't fully buy into it until a few eps in (when he takes his daughter to a few uni open days and clocks an old mob guy that ratted them out) Hopefully next time you try you get past the pilot and get right into it.
I didn't know about that time difference, if I had I'd have probably stuck with it, or at least given it a better go.
Right I'll give it another try then.
Cheers for the info.

I didn't know about that time difference, if I had I'd have probably stuck with it, or at least given it a better go.
Right I'll give it another try then.
Cheers for the info.
Honestly, I'm jealous you're going to enjoy it for the first time, it's the number one show for me. Some have come close but nothing has surpassed it imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.