TV Series

Afterlife is such a good series. Gervais has his critics but he keeps writing great scripts regardless. Who else can hold up to his body of work since the office?
Not sure about Wednesday, I watched the first two, I get it's Tim Burton, and it's beautifully shot, but I don't get the character. Is she supposed to be a murderer? If so kill someone. She keeps saying she'll do this, that, but does nowt other than bully.
She is an emotionally repressed child who is fascinated by the macabre and death. Her hobbies include raising spiders, experimenting on her younger brother Puggsie and researching the Bermuda Triangle. Just another character from the Addams Family that also includes a werewolf (uncle Fester) a vampire (morticia) much of the humour is driven from pastiche of the horror movies of the period.

She is an emotionally repressed child who is fascinated by the macabre and death. Her hobbies include raising spiders, experimenting on her younger brother Puggsie and researching the Bermuda Triangle. Just another character from the Addams Family that also includes a werewolf (uncle Fester) a vampire (morticia) much of the humour is driven from pastiche of the horror movies of the period.
Unless you're talking about the comic strip (which I've never seen) that's not right surely?

I must admit I'm guilty of dismissal if a series doesn't grab me from minute one.
I'm the same with films.
Missed out on a lot, especially it seems, with the sopranos.
I will make an effort.
I do like the idea of Wednesday, and I will follow it up. But I have a problem with the character, is she just a sadistic goth, or a proper murderer in the making? I wish she'd just kill someone, instead of all the posturing. Maybe I'm missing the point. It wouldn't be the first time..
She's neither, she's just Wednesday Addams. Perhaps it's an age thing but I was brought up on shows like this although I was probably too young for the first run, I'm not sure when it was first shown in the UK.

The Munsters came shortly after and was of a similar genre.

I absolutely loved the show BTW.

Last edited:
Down to the last ep of the tudors , hate when there is only one ep left of things i liked

Catching up on vikings tomorrow
Love the tv shows set hundreds of years ago but never watched tudors I’d it worth a watch if I enjoyed wolf hall vikings etc ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.