TV Series

New series of ottoman coming soon to Netflix and it’s about mehnet v vlad in Romania . Should be really good .

Unless you're talking about the comic strip (which I've never seen) that's not right surely?
The original comic is about an odd aristocratic family none are supernatural beings and fester is hardly in it

the TV show hinted morticias family (her and granny frump) were witches and Fester is her uncle not gomez brother as is now implied, but still none are supernatural.

only thing is supernatural but could be result of the family women being witches

Last edited:
Caught up with a series that passed me by from last year - Dopesick, about the rise in fatal overdoses attributed to the prescription painkiller oxytocin in the States - late 90s-early 2000s.

Pretty crazy that this opiate, a synthetic derivative of heroin but twice as potent, was being prescribed to Joe Public for minor pain such as headaches. And sure enough people became hooked on it, despite it being lauded as 'non-addictive' by the manufacturers Purdue Pharma. They were a family-owned business - the Sackler family, an absolutely repugnant bunch. Won't go into any more details but definitely worth a watch.

Drug overdoses are responsible for more deaths in the states per year than any other (non-natural) cause - 65K in 2016 for example. Sobering figures, and history seems to be repeating itself with the rapid growth in Fentanyl addiction over there.

Caught up with a series that passed me by from last year - Dopesick, about the rise in fatal overdoses attributed to the prescription painkiller oxytocin in the States - late 90s-early 2000s.

Pretty crazy that this opiate, a synthetic derivative of heroin but twice as potent, was being prescribed to Joe Public for minor pain such as headaches. And sure enough people became hooked on it, despite it being lauded as 'non-addictive' by the manufacturers Purdue Pharma. They were a family-owned business - the Sackler family, an absolutely repugnant bunch. Won't go into any more details but definitely worth a watch.

Drug overdoses are responsible for more deaths in the states per year than any other (non-natural) cause - 65K in 2016 for example. Sobering figures, and history seems to be repeating itself with the rapid growth in Fentanyl addiction over there.
Watched this last year and like you said, definitely worth a watch.

Good that they showed the story at so many levels - the boardroom, the sales force, the doctors prescribing it, the poor sods using it and the investigators.

Absolutely incredible that stuff like this goes on but as in so many cases, money talks.

I also watched this recently, great series ,Michael Keaton was excellent in it as was
Michael Stuhlbarg (Boardwalk Empire,Your Honour.) who plays Richard Sackler.
A very eye opening watch.

I broadly agree with the synopsis but how about an edit to add a spoiler alert so that you don’t spoil it for others? Cheers mate

Brilliant show. Michael Keaton is fantastic in this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.