TV Series

Same.
I'm convinced there was only one season (and I've read the reply over 1 & 2 filmed together but does this refer to the books).
One of the greatest British productions I've ever seen.
The first series covered the first two books of a trilogy. Wolf Hall and Bring up the bodies. the Second series completes the trilogy by covering The Mirror and the Light. Sadly the author Hilary Mantel passed away this year so will never see the completed work. As you say, so far it is one of the greatest, if not the greatest historical drama made by the BBC. I believe Mark Rylance will continue in his role as Thomas Cromwell in the upcoming series.

The first series covered the first two books of a trilogy. Wolf Hall and Bring up the bodies. the Second series completes the trilogy by covering The Mirror and the Light. Sadly the author Hilary Mantel passed away this year so will never see the completed work. As you say, so far it is one of the greatest, if not the greatest historical drama made by the BBC. I believe Mark Rylance will continue in his role as Thomas Cromwell in the upcoming series.
Without doubt the greatest historical drama but it's as good as ANY drama I've seen.
Rylance was utterly sublime in this role and his career really took off after this too.

This is really good news.

As much as I like GOT and HOTD this is on another plane completely.

Sad news about Hilary for sure.

Is it just me, but is tulsa King flat lining a little now after a promising start.
It's starting to bore me a bit, and I'm losing interest.
Maybe I shouldn't have been so eager to watch each episode as soon as it came out.
I'm hoping it's a slow burn now before it develops into the series we all want.

Is it just me, but is tulsa King flat lining a little now after a promising start.
It's starting to bore me a bit, and I'm losing interest.
Maybe I shouldn't have been so eager to watch each episode as soon as it came out.
I'm hoping it's a slow burn now before it develops into the series we all want.

Just watched episode 5. Still loving it.

When, in your opinion, does it start to go a bit shit?

Just watched episode 5. Still loving it.

When, in your opinion, does it start to go a bit shit?
Around 4-6 mate. I didn't say it was a bit shit, just didn't continue the momentum of the first 3 episodes, which as I said, promised so much.
It's not grabbed me like I was hoping it would, and that's just me and my high expectations.

Around 4-6 mate. I didn't say it was a bit shit, just didn't continue the momentum of the first 3 episodes, which as I said, promised so much.
It's not grabbed me like I was hoping it would, and that's just me and my high expectations.
We watched the first 6 almost back to back (maybe 2 a night), I’m still enjoying it, but I do get where you’re coming from, it probably is just going on the slow burn and getting ready to push again.

We watched the first 6 almost back to back (maybe 2 a night), I’m still enjoying it, but I do get where you’re coming from, it probably is just going on the slow burn and getting ready to push again.
I hope so, and in no way was I slagging it off, but the first episode was so promising, and the next 2 or 3 were very good, setting things up nicely. But at the moment it's treading water somewhat.
It doesn't leave me with that "I can't wait for the next episode " feeling, like some shows do.
I'll keep watching though, if only to admire stallones acting in this, which is frankly excellent.

I hope so, and in no way was I slagging it off, but the first episode was so promising, and the next 2 or 3 were very good, setting things up nicely. But at the moment it's treading water somewhat.
It doesn't leave me with that "I can't wait for the next episode " feeling, like some shows do.
I'll keep watching though, if only to admire stallones acting in this, which is frankly excellent.
I know you weren’t mate, lots of series do it, and in some ways it often adds to those later episodes.
Funny how at one time he was always slagged off for being a bit one dimensional, and I guess here it is Stallone just being Stallone, but I think the character he plays is very likeable (and the supporting cast is pretty good and likeable too with some great lines), just a shame (for me) seeing Stallone’s over use of HGH become so glaringly obvious, and not in a good way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.