TV Series

She is marmite but also an unbelievably intelligent woman who has lead a fascinating life. No filter doesn't quite cover it though. If you haven't seen her road trip series with Alan Cumming yet its well worth a watch.
Yes, that series amazed me. Partly because I hadn’t realised what good friends they are but also because it was an eye opener.
She has led a fascinating life and one day I must read her book, ‘This much is True’.

Yes, that series amazed me. Partly because I hadn’t realised what good friends they are but also because it was an eye opener.
She has led a fascinating life and one day I must read her book, ‘This much is True’.
Mrs S has read it and really enjoyed it. You can’t help like Alan Cumming as well he seems a very nice person.

I’ve just watched part one of the Miriam Margolyes three parter about Australia and have found it fascinating. I know she’s a sort of Marmite person to some and there are some programmes where I switch her off myself but this is a thoughtful, roving kind of thing different from other things I’ve seen her do before.

I watched it too and really enjoyed it. I think Miriam is a cracking woman, very intelligent and funny. Her ability to communicate with different types of people is very impressive.

I probably wouldn’t have bothered watching this if she wasn’t in it but I’m glad I did. Looking forward to the next one.

Last edited:
Mrs S has read it and really enjoyed it. You can’t help like Alan Cumming as well he seems a very nice person.
I’ve always liked Alan Cumming. He seems to ‘disappear’ into a role and, as an actor, is quite under rated I think.

I’m off to Amazon now to see if Miriam’s book is on Kindle. Tell Mrs S thank you. I like to get a real person’s opinion rather than rely on the anonymous reviews.

EDIT: @Saddleworth2 it’s on Special offer on Kindle for a limited period so thank Mrs S again. 99p! :-)

No doubt it's been mentioned a few times, but I just finished The English and thought it was a superb piece of television. It was more like cinema with the sweeping vistas and the narrative arc, but with all the time to let the story mellow and unfold.

Also, I think Rafe Spall is a bloody entertaining actor

Finished The Boys season 3 recently and thought it was excellent yet again.

Done 2 episodes of Ring of Powers and I have no clue what is going on as it’s too disjointed and I can’t warm to any characters so far. Does this get any better?

Rewatching Game Of Thrones with the Mrs. Forgot just how epic it was.
Some of the battle scenes are as good as you can get

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.