TV Series

We are bit behind the curve over here in the flatlands but we have just found Detectorists. Wonderful series. Lovely gentle humour and lovely photography.
Detectorists has just started (EP1 last night) with a series re-run from the very beginning on BBC2 HD @ 22:00 every Tuesday night for UK viewers.
x4lXXhz.gif

The Recruit 7.7/10

Owen Hendricks, a young CIA lawyer whose first week on the job turns upside down when he discovers a threatening letter by former asset Max Meladze, who plans to expose the agency unless they exonerate her of a serious crime. Owen quickly becomes entangled in a dangerous and often absurd world of power politics and mischievous players, as he travels the world in hopes of completing his assignment and making a mark at the CIA.

I really enjoyed this.

I also liked Traitor too, also on Netflix which is about a guy who they believe is in cahoots with the kremlin.

Not a series, a one off documentary, 'My Old School' on Iplayer is well worth a watch, so entertaining. The less said about it the better, as the twists and reveals are a big part. Lighthearted but damn intriguing.
That was good fun - the guy was fascinating..........

Finished The Boys season 3 recently and thought it was excellent yet again.

Done 2 episodes of Ring of Powers and I have no clue what is going on as it’s too disjointed and I can’t warm to any characters so far. Does this get any better?
It does get better, some big battles and a pretty bad baddie.

Finished The Boys season 3 recently and thought it was excellent yet again.

Done 2 episodes of Ring of Powers and I have no clue what is going on as it’s too disjointed and I can’t warm to any characters so far. Does this get any better?
Ignore those who say it gets better. It doesn’t, it’s dog shit, poorly acted with a story that does not make sense. I TRIED so hard to enjoy it.

Love LoTR but rings of power is the worst of the “big” fantasy programmes by a country mile.

It’s telling that the only decent actor on the show and somewhat interesting character has left for the next series.

Has anyone watched Tokyo Vice>?
I love Michael Mann and he's involved in this (directed at least one episode?) and I love looking at Tokyo, but I'm not sure on this.

I'm three in.
Feels like a BBC drama. Ultra polished, well produced....but I can see actors rather than characters.

I'll carry on but I'm half expecting Suranne Jones to turn up as a detective soon...

Just me?

Has anyone watched Tokyo Vice>?
The Michael Mann directed pilot episode was superb, Ken Watanabe is a tour de force Japanese actor.

The rest of the episodes were OK, although I took heed to the fact that the series ended without any resolution to the main plot and that the Japs in general are mean to the "Gaijins" (foreigners)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.