TV Series

Fantastic start from the last of us, I think it's now the highest rated show on IMDb surpassing breaking bad
I enjoyed it.
Hope they stop after one season so as not to overrun things.
I also thought John Hannah looks old if that was not make up on him.

I’m in two minds about Slow Horses. I enjoyed it and Oldman and Scott Thomas are utterly superb in it - it’s worth watching for them alone. They, and their characters, are that good though that I thought any scene they’re not in was way too big a drop in quality. Take them out of it and some of the plot lines and characters are holby city or casualty level.

The last of us was ok nothing special, usually when a series is pushed down your throat ie counting down the days till it’s on it ends up being shite just like The Rig, now if you watch Mayor of Kingstown you can see the difference.

How
The last of us was ok nothing special, usually when a series is pushed down your throat ie counting down the days till it’s on it ends up being shite just like The Rig, now if you watch Mayor of Kingstown you can see the difference.
It was better than nothing special.A very good first episode that sets it up nicely.
Wither it remains as good we will just have to wait and see.

Just finished Three Pines on Amazon Prime Video.

I went in with medium expectations, based on a few things I'd read, but I'm happy to report that it exceeded those expectations by some distance.

It follows the work of a Quebec police chief as he tries to solve various murders in and around the town of Three Pines. Four two-part cases, but with an overarching case concerning the disappearance of a young indigenous woman.

The series isn't without a couple of minor weaknesses: it's a bit Midsummer, in that you have a series of murders in quick succession in an idyllic community, and a couple of major plot points were obviously telegraphed.

Despite this, it does have a bit of emotional weight, and Alfred Molina sells it in the main role - he's superb. The supporting cast and wonderful location in rural Quebec also help. This is far better than some of the edgier stuff that usually gets the high ratings. Highly recommended.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.