TV Series

Noticed Bbc4 were reshowing Edge of Darkness, one of my favourite 80s series.

It's from 1985 and it follows a police detective played by Bob Peck in his efforts to find his daughter's killers. It's a paranoid political conspiracy thriller and I still think it's very relevant in its commentary on the secret state, nuclear proliferation and the environment.

It's strange watching this considering all the careers it launched. Well worth a look on iPlayer.

Wondered if anyone has watched Chapelwaite? It's a US prequel to Salem's Lot, starring Adrien Brody. It's been renewed for a second season, so I'll try and find it.

Just finished watching the 3-part Scottish Police Service crime drama, "Karen Pirie" - outstanding. 9.5/10

Some of the opening scenes occur in a bar and it's hard to make out what's being said - but stick with it. The bar conversations aren't important to the story.

Good news - Karen Pirie has been renewed for a second season!

Just finished Mr Inbetween series 3, last ever episode. What a brilliant series and though id love there to be a series 4, the low key but sinister end was great. One of my favorite series in a long time.

Recommended it on here a while ago, I loved it too. Haven’t seen it but it’s based on a film called The Magician that has the same characters and actors in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.