TV Series

It was up there with the best.
Then season 2 came along.
My top tv in the last Bluemoon poll.It should really be 1st equal.

1 Curb your enthusiasm.
2 Early doors
3 Homicide Life on the streets.
4 NYPD Blue.
5 An audience with Billy Connolly
6 Our friends up north.
7 Mr Mercedes.
8 Still game
9 Hell on Wheels.
10 Game of thrones.
11 The wire.
12 Cheers.
13 True Detective (First one)
14 Porridge.
15 Auf wiedersehen pet.
16 Minder.
17 15 storeys high.
18 Colditz 70's series.
19 High Chaparral.
Yeah I’ve never seen the other 2 seasons as I’ve heard there was a massive drop off in quality from the first season. Definitely top 2 if you are going single seasons of tv shows easily.

I’d say True Detective (season 1) is up there with a few series just behind Band of Brothers and The Bridge (Swedish version) as the greatest TV show ever made.

Funnily enough, I’ve never watched the series 2 and beyond. As others have said, there was just something about the story, the characters and the atmosphere that wouldn’t have been replicated in subsequent seasons.

EDIT - Whilst BluRay is made for TV series like TD, you can get season 1 on DVD for £4.44 from Amazon. A bargain.

Last edited:
I agree, we rewatched the first 2 series before watching season 3 and they were still brilliant second time around, whereas the storyline was weak in season 3. Easy enough telly to watch and decent enough but not a patch on first 2.
Season 3 = Meh.. even James Norton turned woke :)

My top tv in the last Bluemoon poll.
Here's my TV top 20 from the BM poll (2021)

01. Gomorrah
02. HBO's Band of Brothers
03. HBO's Rome
04. Ken Burns: The Vietnam War
05. OJ: Made in America
06. Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
07. Curb Your Enthusiasm
08. The Americans
09. Banshee
10. The Killing (Forbrydelsen)
11. The Bridge (Broen)
12. Cracker
13. Inside No. 9
14. Detectorists
15. Peep Show
16. Mr Inbetween
17. HBO's Deadwood
18. HBO's The Wire
19. Mad Men
20. HBO's The Soprano's

If I could vote again, I'd somehow try to squeeze in BBC's Wolf Hall, Better Call Saul, Yellowstone & How to with John Wilson.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.