TV Series

I think The Power on Prime is intriguing. Watched the first 3 EPs, good cast including Toni Collette and John Leguizamo. I have to say a rare bum note from the usually reliable Eddie Marsan as an ever so cockernee gangsta, the girl playing his daughter sounds like a shit Emma Hayes!!!!

Anyway young girls around the world suddenly begin to discover latent powers of being able to generate electricity, best explained as being akin to electric eels.

Anyway multiple storylines following different characters over the world. One horrible story with a black girl being abused by her foster father and generating a charge to kill him and ending up at a strange convent.

Other stories involve a high school girl in Seattle with her mums who's the mayor and her dad a doctor. Another strand is a cult of women with the Power in Nigeria.

Guess there are some broad parallels with the Handmaid's Tale though that deals with female oppression whereas this is the opposite, with women taking control.

Wonder how it'll pan out, showing a matriarchal society realistically or sub Star Trek or dare I say it, The Worm that Turned, from the Two Ronnies?!?!

Rewatching Boardwalk Empire.
Set in the prohibition era.
Steve Buscemi and Michael Kenneth Williams ( Omar, The wire ). Put in outstanding performances.

Give a solid 8.3 out of 10.
It’s been sat in the middle of my list of ‘tv series to binge on’ for ages but your description’s put it at the front of the queue .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.