TV Series

Just finished 1st season of Race Across the World and thought was really good
Yes, I watched the first two seasons as they aired. One of the best shows on the BBC.

Currently watching the new series in fits and starts. I think the producers are making it a bit difficult in this series with the contestants travelling routes that have very limited options.

Reactions: ob
There's nothing wrong with slow paced if it's interesting. The characters are very good and they can entertain, but I'm just not particularly taken on it yet. I've taken a break from it. I liked Night Agent, that was fairly fast moving and decent. Currently watching Blue Light which is okay. Then I'll try Succession again and see how I fare.
I think it will grow on you. For me, every season is stronger than the last.

I find the majority of people who watched and really enjoyed The Wire seem to then get a serious bout of TV snobbery.

They cant understand why you don't agree its the best TV show ever and will then look down at you. ha.

I just thought it was ok. I can see why it gets the praise it does as its wonderfully written but for me its not one of my favourite shows by a long shot.

I find the majority of people who watched and really enjoyed The Wire seem to then get a serious bout of TV snobbery.

They cant understand why you don't agree its the best TV show ever and will then look down at you. ha.

I just thought it was ok. I can see why it gets the praise it does as its wonderfully written but for me its not one of my favourite shows by a long shot.
Totally agree, and IMO, it's not as good as one of David Simon's other shows, Treme.

The Wire and Succession are two of my favourite shows over the past twenty years (I’m not a particular fan of Breaking Bad though, which is the other one I’d put in there)

They are two shows that I’d recommend to half my friendship group and they’d come back raving about them and I wouldn’t to the other half as I know they wouldn’t get into them at all. Same reasons as to why I’d recommend certain books to some of them and different ones to others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.