TV Series

Messing around with ITVX last night and ended up streaming the first episode of that old sitcom Watching. I remember it from the 90s, but I sure don't remember them flashing the Vs, her thinking they were going dogging or calling other characters dickhead when I was sat there with my parents!

Yeah, I love the American version, proper survivalist who are hard as nails. This UK version is no way near as good, take that one guy "I'm an expert Joiner and gonna build a shelter " then cuts his own leg, then leaves after only 4 hours...
Though I do like that posh bird from London..

I’ve given up mate after 2 episodes. No interest in watching people just stand there saying how much they are struggling.

On the USA versions ep 3-5 are usually the best as they are building shelters, setting traps etc. So to watch a UK version which is just people out of their depth isn’t for me.

I think on the US version they should do another season where they go in pairs again like when those brothers won it. Quite liked that series. Mixes it up a bit.

Hunters, its bloody great Al Pacino as a Nazi Hunter, upto episode 8 in two days plus there is two seasons to go at, if the opening 5 minutes don’t grab you don’t bother.

Been watching the history of british queens on channel four , i didnt know that queen victoria was the first royal celeb , a dianna type figure and she had a shed load of kids , when her husband died she mourned for a year and didnt leave home then she went back to being a visable queen

Also didnt know that is when photos were invented , didnt learn any of that in school, i am interested in our history now , must be a foc thing , lol

Been watching the history of british queens on channel four , i didnt know that queen victoria was the first royal celeb , a dianna type figure and she had a shed load of kids , when her husband died she mourned for a year and didnt leave home then she went back to being a visable queen

Also didnt know that is when photos were invented , didnt learn any of that in school, i am interested in our history now , must be a foc thing , lol
Not really sure she was seen as a Diana type figure, but yes she was a teenager when she came to the throne. So there was a lot of interest and hope invested in her.The whole generation before her, and the race to have an heir, was/is interesting. She got there almost by default really.
She adored her husband Albert. Her children...less so. Particularly her heir Edward VII.

Her grieving over her husband spanned decades, and created much rumblings and discontent. Yet she managed to trawl back some of that when she celebrated her jubilee just a few years before she passed.

Odd woman really, but interesting nonetheless.

PS...if you have Kindle there are lots of really interesting books about her.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.