TV Series

Boiling Point the Tv series, excellent series and a great follow on to the brilliant film starring one of our best actors Stephen Graham, possibly even better than ‘The Bear’.

I just want to know where the cut-off point is for spoilering TV show discussions in this thread. I understand spoilering posts about shows that are either still running or only ended in the last few years (so, say, I wouldn't openly discuss the finales of Game of Thrones or Better Call Saul, or chat too openly about Stranger Things or something). But surely we should be allowed to publicly discuss the end of things like Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Mad Men, etc. without needing to add spoiler tags? They all ended years ago - in fact, they're from a different era of TV altogether, and should be discussed in the past tense - and if you haven't caught up with them and don't want to be spoiled then that's your fault as far as I'm concerned. I just want to know where the line is.

I haven't seen The Wire, for instance, or Friday Night Lights or The Americans or The Shield, but I wouldn't want anyone to spoiler their posts about their respective endings because it's my fault for not getting around to them yet when I've definitely had the time over the last 15 years or so.

Are there any established rules for this thread that I'm breaking by not spoilering a post about a TV show that literally debuted in the last century? If there aren't any published, official rules about spoilering TV show chats in here then surely it's a matter of preference? I'm arguing that something like "preference" is open to individual interpretation. Wherever the line is drawn regarding spoilering posts is ultimately going to be an arbitrary line, but that's fine. I'm drawing my arbitrary line somewhere between 2018 and 2019. If someone thinks that the line should be drawn in 1995 or 1968 then that's fine, but until it's written as a rule, it's just a suggestion in a debate we're having.
Ernie Bishop was killed in a wages snatch at the factory, and Suzie Birchall was a sexy trollop. There you go, I’ve said it.

Only Murders in the Building.

Currently watching season 3.

It’s quite fun and watchable.
Won’t be on anyone’s top 10 lists but I enjoy it.

Just Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez trying to solve a murder while podcasting about it. Sounds dreadful I know but it doesn’t take itself serious.
The cast have good chemistry and it’s not to taxing to watch if you’ve had a long day at work.

Also Id like to add that the music score for it is excellent.

I recommend it. 7/10.

Last edited:
Some cracking series on Apple TV, all really well made.
Indeed

Already mentioned Silo and Foundation, just finished the first series of "For All Mankind" which is definitely watchable, if only for the casual misogynism of the 60's and 70's, plus I'm a bit of an alternate-history nerd

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.