TV Series

Good one.

On top of what I've already said, The Sopranos' ending is one of the most discussed and widely known TV endings of all time. If you don't know that it "cuts to black in mid-sentence" then, frankly, where have you been? Loads of other popular TV shows have referenced it, like Family Guy and Bojack Horseman; it's been parodied and remixed all over the place by loads of different people. And just from my own experience, I took my fiancée through The Sopranos for the first time this year and even she knew about the ending despite not having that much of an interest in big drama series. It didn't affect her experience, it's just one of those things people know about.

Instead of just calling me a "sad ****", please tell me where we should draw the line with this stuff. Because I think 16 years is far back enough to safely discuss it in the open. Should we never discuss the Dallas shower scene again without spoilering it, or never mention "Who shot JR"? Should we never make reference to "We were on a break!" because it spoils the major plotline of the first three seasons of Friends? Should nobody mention the Red Wedding in this thread because it might ruin the entire experience of Game of Thrones? Are we banned from discussing Who Shot Mr. Burns? Children have been born, raised, and finished school since The Sopranos finished. I think it's fair enough to discuss it out in the open and I've put my argument forward.

Why don't you do the same instead of just calling me a "sad ****"?
I think it's fair to say times moved on from where everyone watch programmes at the same time, because they were only on terrestrial. With the advent of streaming, people can pick and choose when or what to watch including 20 year old programmes. I myself have yet to watch the Sopranos and have only just put it on my watch list. Many, many people won't have watched se7en, the usual suspects, so on and so on, but will have only just discovered them now to watch. So the safest and easiest way is to not put any spoilers in that would ruin it for anyone else.

I'm now watching Lioness on Amazon Prime. It's a Peacock+ series about the CIA's involvement in undercover operations in the middle east from the viewpoint of a female operative attempting to infiltrate hostile middle-east actors.

Three episodes in and I very much like the series. At the same time, some of the scenes feel contrived.
For example...

The CIA recruiter's husband is a child cancer surgeon - which has nothing to do with the main plot. And of course there's the obligatory heart-tug scene about a young female child who is going to die from terminal cancer. It's well-acted... but to me, it seems artificially added to the story line as a ploy to boost viewer ratings.
Nonetheless, 8/10 so far.
Gave up with it,very corny and toy.

Having watched the entire Yellowstone franchise I would rate it as:
Yellowstone - all series 7ish best thing about it - Beth.
1883 - 6 - the young lead was the best thing about it - reminded me of a young Jennifer Lawrence
1923 - 1 - it made a snail look pacy. Badly written and acted. Time to hang up the light sabre Harrison.

And 1923 will be back for another season

I think it's fair to say times moved on from where everyone watch programmes at the same time, because they were only on terrestrial. With the advent of streaming, people can pick and choose when or what to watch including 20 year old programmes. I myself have yet to watch the Sopranos and have only just put it on my watch list. Many, many people won't have watched se7en, the usual suspects, so on and so on, but will have only just discovered them now to watch. So the safest and easiest way is to not put any spoilers in that would ruin it for anyone else.

Mate, was this post necessary? Ha. It’s old news this debate.

Hes probably going to reply now with one of his massive long paragraphs about wanting to know the rules and cut offs. Only kidding youngbob ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.