TV Series

Das Boot: (The 2018 tv series version)

It's a German television series produced for Sky tv and a follow on to the brilliant 1982 film of the same name. Just like the film, there are lots and lots of subtitles owing to it being filmed from a German perspective. But also some English diaglogue as and were nessasary.

The series picks up in late 1942 nine months after the events of the ending of the film and there are four series in all, so am currently binging on series one near to the end, with just episode nine to digest.

It's mentioned on the intrweb that .. and I quote .. "Das Boot possesses the atmospheric pressure of its cinematic forebear while adding a new depth to its compelling ensemble" and I can't argue with that. If I was to review it in compressed working class format, then I'd simply say that it's a right riveting watch.

In order to diverge from the original film it focuses on a two front perspective with lots of resistance land action, combined with life aboard those calustrophobic U-Boats as they vied for survival in those altantic convey maelstroms.

I've been down in a diesal sub off Pompey, and instantly made the decistion that it wasnt the life for me. I'm not claustrophobic or anything, but the scruffy cnunts dont even shave or wash or anything, and they all smell crabby as fook. And you dont get to see anything as only the captain and his bezzies are alowed to ride on the conning tower.

I score it 8.5/10 : Das ist all.

The actress vicky krieps was amazing in her role as Simone Strasser.

Ooh, cheers for the heads-up. That's gone on the wishlist

Just finished the 3 spin offs from The Walking Dead.

Daryl Dixon - Excellent
Dead City - Excellent
Tales of the walking Dead - WTA...

Can anyone tell me what the point of Parker Posey is? She was crap in Lost in Space, crap in Blade 3 and she's crap in her episode in Tales...

Just downloaded the 4 seasons of Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea (1964-68)

tumblr_pawmdv2hvl1sqf5tdo7_400.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.