TV Series

Watched the last series of The Crown couple of weeks ago.
Weak compared to the earliest few series although the penultimate episode showed glimpses of it's former excellence. 7/10

Watched The Fall of the House of Usher this weekend, thought it was very well done. 8/10

Finished The Crown to tonight. Honestly never been more gutted to have finished a series as this, with no more being made. Season 6 may not have been as good as earlier seasons but at the same time it was still top level drama.

Yeah. Kirsten Scott Thomas (of course I would) and Oldman are fantastic actors.
I just found some of this secret stuff, the set ups, the fight scenes unbelievable. So the magic was lost unfortunately.

The end of S1 - that was the bit that I withdrew my support and I'm unlikely to return. Bit of Line of Duty (which I couldn't abide) mixed with general MI5 capers.

Can't recall the last time I really bought into a British TV drama., We seem to excel at comedy and those writers and producers go on to great work in Hollywood, or American TV (Armando Iannucci, Jesse Armstrong, Joe Cornish....).

I think Utopia ("Where is Jessica Hyde?") was a benchmark. Willing to be educated on other stuff mind.

I genuinely enjoyed S2. Some really tense moments. Dark and seedy (but that's pretty much TD summed up!).
Really looking forward to S4.
Did you watch Top Boy mate. Pretty strong British drama.

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD.

Just this second finished the very last episode.
Like the main series, THE WALKING DEAD, it starts off pretty good for a few seasons then as time goes on it rapidly goes down hill.

Now, when I say FEAR THE WALKING DEAD goes down hill, that’s actually a slight understatement. I actually can’t describe just how complete dog shit this program was.

The last 4 seasons I’m in shock were even allowed to be made. It’s the worst television I have ever seen. Story, dialogue, acting, EVERYTHING - 1/10.

Infant school nativity plays have better acting.

The only slight positive is Lennie James who tries his best to lead this shit show but my god, it’s laugh out loud bad.

Really looking forward to season 4 of True Detective. Absolutely loved the first, hated the second, third was ok but from what I’ve heard this new one is back on form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.