TV Series

Find it a really odd one. Not watched S3 but the first couple of seasons, I thought any scene with either Oldman or Scott Thomas is superb but some of the rest of the acting and also some of the plot lines are almost soap opera level of bad.
Yeah. Kirsten Scott Thomas (of course I would) and Oldman are fantastic actors.
I just found some of this secret stuff, the set ups, the fight scenes unbelievable. So the magic was lost unfortunately.

The end of S1 - that was the bit that I withdrew my support and I'm unlikely to return. Bit of Line of Duty (which I couldn't abide) mixed with general MI5 capers.

Can't recall the last time I really bought into a British TV drama., We seem to excel at comedy and those writers and producers go on to great work in Hollywood, or American TV (Armando Iannucci, Jesse Armstrong, Joe Cornish....).

I think Utopia ("Where is Jessica Hyde?") was a benchmark. Willing to be educated on other stuff mind.

Yes. S3 is distinguished by the extraordinary performance of Mahershala Ali. I really liked it.

Only problem: I am also one of the few people who enjoyed S2.

So you may need to seek further reassurance from others.
I genuinely enjoyed S2. Some really tense moments. Dark and seedy (but that's pretty much TD summed up!).
Really looking forward to S4.

Yeah. Kirsten Scott Thomas (of course I would) and Oldman are fantastic actors.
I just found some of this secret stuff, the set ups, the fight scenes unbelievable. So the magic was lost unfortunately.

The end of S1 - that was the bit that I withdrew my support and I'm unlikely to return. Bit of Line of Duty (which I couldn't abide) mixed with general MI5 capers.

Can't recall the last time I really bought into a British TV drama., We seem to excel at comedy and those writers and producers go on to great work in Hollywood, or American TV (Armando Iannucci, Jesse Armstrong, Joe Cornish....).

I think Utopia ("Where is Jessica Hyde?") was a benchmark. Willing to be educated on other stuff mind.

I genuinely enjoyed S2. Some really tense moments. Dark and seedy (but that's pretty much TD summed up!).
Really looking forward to S4.

Thought it got even more unbelievable in season 2 but personally I found it worth watching for Oldman and Scott Thomas.

I still haven’t got around to watching it but I’ve not heard anyone say a bad word about Happy Valley.

Enjoyed Mark Gatiss's Christmas Ghost Story over xmas. Kit Harrington in a rather different role to Jon Snow.

Me and my lad really enjoyed Ghosts (one of the shows we bonded over) so suggested What We Do in the Shadows might be fun I(it's got Matt Berry in it for a start).

But I'll be starting the new Fargo tonight. Right after this Arselol game....

Enjoyed Mark Gatiss's Christmas Ghost Story over xmas. Kit Harrington in a rather different role to Jon Snow.

Me and my lad really enjoyed Ghosts (one of the shows we bonded over) so suggested What We Do in the Shadows might be fun I(it's got Matt Berry in it for a start).

But I'll be starting the new Fargo tonight. Right after this Arselol game....

What We Do in the Shadows is great. The original films worth a watch too.

What We Do in the Shadows is great. The original films worth a watch too.
Ahh ace.
Cast looks like a good crew.
Another show I'm not quite sure why I havn't yet watched (just like Ghosts!)
Binge-watched 2 series of "State of Happiness" on BBC, subtitled Norwegian drama about start of oil industry. Think it may have been about a while but just noticed on I-Player.

Brilliantly acted and well paced, with real character development over a 10 year arc. One for Borgen fans.
Ooh - might be one for the cold, dark January blues.
I loved Borgen. I felt there were only a few of those shows that could capture the imagination after the initial Scandi vibe wore off. That (and the Bridge & the Killing) were amongst them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.