TV Series

Well now, here's something a bit different.

For those whom it may concern, i.e. living in Spain, and having access to a tv, there is a series starting tomorrow evening called Operación Barrio Inglès. It's being aired on RTV1. And how do I know this? Because my older brother's in it! Don't want to exaggerate, he's got a smallish role (his words), and it's not until the sixth episode. He plays the smarmy, corrupt British ambassador, apparently. I'm sure he's very convincing ;-)
He told me, though, that objectively the series is well made, with proper financial resources put into it, and a few well-known actors and actresses (not him, obviously! Although he did have a bit of a name out in Oz in Melbourne and Sydney during the seventies, eighties and nineties when he was getting regular work in the theatre and on tv). So it's worth watching in its own right.
And obviously, for those whose Spanish is fairly serviceable. So there you go…

Well now, here's something a bit different.

For those whom it may concern, i.e. living in Spain, and having access to a tv, there is a series starting tomorrow evening called Operación Barrio Inglès. It's being aired on RTV1. And how do I know this? Because my older brother's in it! Don't want to exaggerate, he's got a smallish role (his words), and it's not until the sixth episode. He plays the smarmy, corrupt British ambassador, apparently. I'm sure he's very convincing ;-)
He told me, though, that objectively the series is well made, with proper financial resources put into it, and a few well-known actors and actresses (not him, obviously! Although he did have a bit of a name out in Oz in Melbourne and Sydney during the seventies, eighties and nineties when he was getting regular work in the theatre and on tv). So it's worth watching in its own right.
And obviously, for those whose Spanish is fairly serviceable. So there you go…
Is he Frank Feys or Kevin Brand ?

Normally do a binge watch on series I enjoy……just have to wait
2 episodes is enough telly for me, then I have to move and do something else. So this is fine.
I've always liked Farrell, and this quirky character suits him. It seems well made with good actors, I can't imagine Farrell agreeing to do something crappy.
Also, I normally hate theme music but this is very good.

I've watched a few things recently: 3 Body Problem (ok), Lazarus Project (only just stated but, ok) and True Detective (True Disappointment....awful in fact). Was beinning to think TV has become bloated and lacking ideas just like Hollywood.

But (late to the show) I've just started the second season of The White Lotus and what an utter joy this show is.
The writing is superb and the acting perfect. Add in a beautiful scenery and lovely soundtrack and that's soulful TV for you.

Is he Frank Feys or Kevin Brand ?

Nope. Sorry to disappoint. As a very young man, recently arrived in Oz, he was in a film that he's not at all proud of — to put it mildly — called The Set. I think it's still around, although I doubt it ever came out on VHS. He did bits and bobs here and there, in the two cities, always managed to live off it more or less.
The way he tells it — but he's a bit of (a lot of) a raconteur — is that he was literally approached in a bar, drowning his sorrows, and some guy said something like “Have you ever thought of acting?” Yes, the cliché! I don't quite believe it, myself, but he insists that he just stumbled into it all. And always got just enough work to make it worthwhile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.