TV Series

Been watching a couple of Aussie series, Black Snow was good and half way through Scrublands. Would welcome recommendations for anything else on similar lines

Would welcome recommendations for anything else on similar lines
The films Mystery Road (2013) + Goldstone (2016) that launched the two Mystery Road TV series (and its prequel Mystery Roads: Origins) featuring the Aboriginal Detective Jay Swan.

46GWyxT.jpeg

Yes I absolutely loved that.

It's good, isn't it? I was wary, because I'm an unconditional fan of the film. Once I got past that, I saw that they were trying to do something quite different (which was quite right, incidentally, why repeat a successful film in a tv series?). In my mind, I kept comparing it with the film — which I know very, very well — and saying, “Yes, that's interesting. Different way of doing it, just as valid”.
By God but Scott is creepy, though! Nobody does creepy like him (remember him as Moriarty in Sherlock? An absolute psychopath). There's something “off” about him right from the start. I wonder if he can do other types of roles. I'd be interested to see him leading in a remake of Mamma Mia, say, see how he handles that.

;-)

Oh just one thing that I found tiresome. I'm afraid I found that Sting's daughter brought nothing convincing to the role of Freddy, and frankly I wondered why she/he was in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.