TV Series

I love the two seasons of HOTD
I struggle with who is on who’s side, helps to binge watch as well, but I had to do a you tube catch-up for season 1 because I forgot what happened in it, GOT was brilliant up until the last few episodes.

There are couple of major differences between GOT and HOTD.
In the former you sometimes had maybe up to half a dozen different stories going on within the bigger picture. The latter is just about a feuding family (only watched two episodes in series two).
Secondly in GOT you had easily identifiable good guys and baddies everywhere. In HOTD this is far less prevalent.
Just two simple reasons for me although I enjoy watching Rhys Ifans in HOTD.
The first point nails it for me. I started on the books with GOT and it was chapters of Tyrion, Arya, Jon, danerys, back to Tyrion and so on. I thought they reflected that really well in the programme as well and that worked so well making it so engaging. HOTD just doesn’t have that.

6 episodes into house of dragons series 2 and if I’m honest I’m totally bored with it. I think the characters are pretty drab and boring and literally nothing happens. Very disappointed with it.
Same as the first series then? Dont think I'll bother.

Watching some stuff now. Decided to add a new show to what I am watching, and that show is the Handmaid's Tale.

New to the party as it started in 2017 or so, but based on the first episode (I watched it an hour ago) it seems it will be good. Tough watch with it being dystopian fiction set in an authoritative regime. I imagine it would be an even harder watch for girls and women. However, I will keep going with it. There's some good stuff on Prime - was thinking of adding the Expanse and the Man in the High Castle to my future list too.

Still watching stuff on Apple TV Plus and Netflix as well. I just tend to move from show to show, which is a bad habit to be in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.