TV Series

You watched The Wire or even Oz, two brilliant series.
OZ as in Ozarks? If so I have the last season to watch, and can’t be bothered to watch it for some reason.

The Wire I tried to get into but couldn’t. This was years ago when my kids were still at home so didn’t really get time. Might try and find it again.

OZ as in Ozarks? If so I have the last season to watch, and can’t be bothered to watch it for some reason.

The Wire I tried to get into but couldn’t. This was years ago when my kids were still at home so didn’t really get time. Might try and find it again.
Nah Oz is a prison drama - the first major HBO TV show. Essentially maybe the very first show of the Second Golden Age of TV. Came out in 1997 I believe. Haven't seen it yet myself but on my list.

The Wire is a show you need to really focus on - you cannot half-watch it with your phone next to you.

Nah Oz is a prison drama - the first major HBO TV show. Essentially maybe the very first show of the Second Golden Age of TV. Came out in 1997 I believe. Haven't seen it yet myself but on my list.

The Wire is a show you need to really focus on - you cannot half-watch it with your phone next to you.
I’ll definitely try and find it again as I remember what I could watch it was good. As you say though - no distractions.

I’ll definitely try and find it again as I remember what I could watch it was good. As you say though - no distractions.
Definitely. I watched it 10 years ago and I am due a rewatch.

It's more like a novel in visual form. Really quite different to some shows. It's hard to explain but if you devote yourself to it you'll understand what I mean.

Also - most seasons focuses on a different institutional part of Baltimore eg drugs, the school system etc. But it is all interlinked. It is really excellent stuff but the first few episodes of every season are slow, so you need to get through them.

Like @Silva 83 said Oz is a prison drama quite brutal at times and lots of actors went in to be big stars from it many ended up in The Wire, The Wire you really need to stick with, I found the second season in the docks quite a slog but all the seasons have an arc through the whole series, and it has one of the greatest characters on there in Omar, in fact when I first watched it the two main stars I actually thought were American turns out Dominic and Idris were English!

I’ve just watched the first episode of ‘Manifest’ after a recommendation.

Quite enjoyed it. Will definitely give it another go.

Got a sneaky feeling it’s going to get very silly, very quickly though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.