TV Series

I clearly have too much time on my hands but here's my two penn'orth.
If you like absurdist, ink-black comedy and exhilarating action scenes mixed with moments of genuinely heartbreaking pathos, I thoroughly recommend the unique Bill Hader series, Barry (currently available on Sky and Now TV). Without doubt, some of the best TV I've ever seen. Oh and a career best performance by Henry Winkler (yes, that one). If you've never felt compassion for a ruthless, contract killer, you've never seen Barry.

First season was brilliant. Second ok. Third and fourth were fucking terrible. Hank is one of the best TV characters out there though.

3 decent comedies on BBC iplayer that I've recently watched and would recommend;
Here we go.
Such brave girls.
Colin from accounts.

Enjoyed Bodies an 8 part drama on Netflix. A body is discovered in the same alleyway in Whitechapel. In 2023, 1890, 1941 and 2053.... and it's the same body.

Intriguing mix of drama types, with the brilliant Stephen Graham.

Halo season 2 on Paramount has got better and better, slightly derivative scifi but enjoyable enough. Played the original Halo game 20 odd years ago, but you don't need any knowledge of the game to enjoy the show.

Count Abdullah in itv2 daft comedy about a Muslim doctor who gets attacked by a vampire whilst waiting for the bus home on Halloween, whilst dressed as Dracula!

Daft but mostly harmless fun, thought Jaime Winstone was rather nice as the vampire dominatrix!

As someone with distinctly FOC tendencies, I feel irresistibly drawn to Talking TV which has plenty of archive shows. They're currently showing episodes from A Ghost Story for Christmas on Monday nights at 08.00. Generally these have been really atmospheric adaptations of MR James stories some classic tales.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.