two deals in process

I'm unhappy.

I've always said that Italian players cannot hack the Premier League. Some have done well. Zola for one and to a lesser extent Vialli and di Matteo, but I think about other Italian players who have come with big reputations and flopped. Or indeed come from Serie A and flopped. Just how many players from Serie A have actually done WELL in the Premier League? The biggest flop of all was Shevchenko, (I know he's not Italian) He was a massive star at Milan and scored loads of goals, but in the Premier League, didn't get a sniff.

Materazzi played for Everton, was shit in the PL yet won the World Cup and is a superstar in Italy.

For me, Italian players, and/or players from Serie A cannot play in the Premier League. I'll be extremely happy if I'm made to eat my words, but I'm now worried if Mancini is going to bring in all these Italians as they'll get slaughtered.

TFC said:
SWP's back said:
How the hell do you have 3 1/2 thousand posts and not know Tolmie is one of very few genuine ITK's on this forum.

Look at his thread on Hughes beingg sacked from from today and then apologise.

All due respect (see what I did there) but I havent seen a genuine ITK on here in my three and a half thousand posts, just a lot of regurgitated snippets and made up bollocks.

Am I saying TH is not an ITK? No, but I think I'll save the apologies.

Fair play but he is always right and posts in good faith you old sceptic you.

TFC said:
SWP's back said:
How the hell do you have 3 1/2 thousand posts and not know Tolmie is one of very few genuine ITK's on this forum.

Look at his thread on Hughes beingg sacked from from today and then apologise.

All due respect (see what I did there) but I havent seen a genuine ITK on here in my three and a half thousand posts, just a lot of regurgitated snippets and made up bollocks.

I'm with you, I'm not saying TH is making it up, but if they're in process, then why not give names. Anyone can say we're gonna sign Italian players or players in a certain position.

SWP's back said:
TFC said:

Fair play but he is always right and posts in good faith you old sceptic you.

Just jaded mate, you wouldnt think trying to keep up with WTF is going on at City would be so tiring!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueinsa said:
Heard this myself.

Will that now change i wonder?

Fuck me, another transfer window glued on here ;-)

Lahm was not so much nailed on, but talks have been ongoing since last month with his people since Hughes went over to Bayern for Champs League game.

I would love him to come, being equally at home on right and left, but he was defo a Hughes target, all the same.

Whether Mancini would still want to push it through, I don't know - as two Italian/based players have been in pipeline.

But owners have been very busy last couple weeks putting everything in place in terms of identifying targets.

It will be a very interesting window, and suspect ADUG might let off a couple of fireworks (not that they need to) in a supposed need to appease those fans who belive getting shot of Hughes was a mistake.

Ribery has been discussed regularly, is Mancini a big enough attraction, don't have a clue.

For what its worth (and I havent yet read through the entire thread) there are some serious conversations going on for a massive improvement in the quality of the squad.

I spent most of yesterday banging on about the lack of info coming from the club RE: Hughes as I expected something to happen.

Although I dont claim to be ITK the few people i trust (2) are saying that the board were held back in their ambitions by Hughes' calming influence - something that they now regret.

I was offered a vision for jans window that gave me chills.

'Serious' money is now in play with deals already in place.

Looks like were in for another busy one.

Lancashire Blue said:
I'm unhappy.

I've always said that Italian players cannot hack the Premier League. Some have done well. Zola for one and to a lesser extent Vialli and di Matteo, but I think about other Italian players who have come with big reputations and flopped. Or indeed come from Serie A and flopped. Just how many players from Serie A have actually done WELL in the Premier League? The biggest flop of all was Shevchenko, (I know he's not Italian) He was a massive star at Milan and scored loads of goals, but in the Premier League, didn't get a sniff.

Materazzi played for Everton, was shit in the PL yet won the World Cup and is a superstar in Italy.

For me, Italian players, and/or players from Serie A cannot play in the Premier League. I'll be extremely happy if I'm made to eat my words, but I'm now worried if Mancini is going to bring in all these Italians as they'll get slaughtered.

Roberto di Matteo, Vialli, Ravanelli, Zola - they all did OK.

Corradi and Bianchi on the other hand...

Personally I think he doesn't need to make many new signings, the tools are there he needs to get his own formation going and get the team to gel, starting with that shambles of a defence.

Lancashire Blue said:
I'm unhappy.

Dont panic mate.Robbie has a track record of getting young and experienced players from all over the world,african,south america etc etc his inter side had more foreigners than italians in it.He is the man and i think our owners have finally got the man they wanted..or one of them.I liked hughes..i liked his professionalism but he reached a certain point and couldn`t take us any further(imo) whereas i think Mancini will take us to the next level.I so cant wait for January now as although i feel we have a good squad already we do need to get 3-4 players in to cover places and competition.2 defenders,a creative midfielder and another will see us move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.