two deals in process

I'm convinced that we don't really need many new players; the performance against Chelsea showed that. Perhaps a central defender, maybe.
What we need is coaching which will convince our defenders to take their eye off the ball long enough to spot and mark up on loose attackers, and make our mid-fielders stick to their allocated positions: wide men wide and defensive midfielders in our own half, not just stranded spectators on every breakaway by the opposition. (same for full-backs.)

Not everyone can get a hat-trick! Discipline is what we need and this is where Hughes and co. have fallen down.

Oh, and we should never again have Robinho taking up a valuable position in our team which could be filled by a useful player (And Petrov should never be on the bench)

There is a light said:
Lancashire Blue said:
I'm unhappy.

I've always said that Italian players cannot hack the Premier League. Some have done well. Zola for one and to a lesser extent Vialli and di Matteo, but I think about other Italian players who have come with big reputations and flopped. Or indeed come from Serie A and flopped. Just how many players from Serie A have actually done WELL in the Premier League? The biggest flop of all was Shevchenko, (I know he's not Italian) He was a massive star at Milan and scored loads of goals, but in the Premier League, didn't get a sniff.

Materazzi played for Everton, was shit in the PL yet won the World Cup and is a superstar in Italy.

For me, Italian players, and/or players from Serie A cannot play in the Premier League. I'll be extremely happy if I'm made to eat my words, but I'm now worried if Mancini is going to bring in all these Italians as they'll get slaughtered.

Roberto di Matteo, Vialli, Ravanelli, Zola - they all did OK.

Corradi and Bianchi on the other hand...

Personally I think he doesn't need to make many new signings, the tools are there he needs to get his own formation going and get the team to gel, starting with that shambles of a defence.

Bergkamp, Vieira, Henry...

I personnally hope we dont get another mass influx of player's in Jan, we have potentially a great squad that maybe needs a tweek, a CB would do me for now, I think our current crop of defender's are very good, but they are obviousley struggling to gel as a unit, hopefully Mancini and Kidd can help get them back on form, however we are mssing a dominant no nonsense CB, Chiellini ticks the that box for me.

Platini Pollock said:
Well i would not class myself as an ITK....................however going off previous January transfer windows i fully expect us to be linked to the usual ones:

Scott Parker and Kevin Davies
100 mil should be enough to get them 2

Bianchi and Corradi are returning to their spritual home.

My sources are impeccable.

Lancashire Blue said:
I'm unhappy.

I've always said that Italian players cannot hack the Premier League. Some have done well. Zola for one and to a lesser extent Vialli and di Matteo, but I think about other Italian players who have come with big reputations and flopped. Or indeed come from Serie A and flopped. Just how many players from Serie A have actually done WELL in the Premier League? The biggest flop of all was Shevchenko, (I know he's not Italian) He was a massive star at Milan and scored loads of goals, but in the Premier League, didn't get a sniff.

Materazzi played for Everton, was shit in the PL yet won the World Cup and is a superstar in Italy.

For me, Italian players, and/or players from Serie A cannot play in the Premier League. I'll be extremely happy if I'm made to eat my words, but I'm now worried if Mancini is going to bring in all these Italians as they'll get slaughtered.

excellent post!...pretty much how i feel about this day in a hole. It reminds me of when England appointed Mclaren, its not made me excited at all. Hope i too eat my words.

We do need a new CB.. purely as Lescott is out for 6-8 (is it?),Toure's at African Nations and Bridge is out for 4-6 weeks as well. Like others on here though im not sure if Italians is the right way to go, but I have got every amount of trust in Mancini, something I could never fully say with Hughes if he'd have still been here come Jan.

tolmie's, on behalf of everyone thank you for your input at the forum, one of the few trustworthy ITK's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.